By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Year in Review

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but since the year is not over yet, the stats are still being updated. When this was first posted, my stats were through 12/12. Now it is through 12/15.

Around the Network
Torpoleon said:

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but since the year is not over yet, the stats are still being updated. When this was first posted, my stats were through 12/12. Now it is through 12/15.

That's great.

42 % docked
58 % portable (much more portable than previous years I think)

334 hours in total

55 in BotW
49 in Ace Attorney Trilogy (and I've only played the first two so far)
49 in FF XII Zodiac Age

I was surprised Shovel Knight Treasure Trove wasn't on there, played that a ton since it's basically 4 (or 5) games in one.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

21 games
373 hours. 206 docked, 167 handheld

FE Three Houses - 96 hours
Octopath Traveler - 77
Immortals Fenyx Rising - 37

Seems about right, this year I've played way more on PS4 than Switch. Besides that I sold my old Switch on August and only got a new one in October, as such I only had 10 months instead of 12

Torpoleon said:

I'll have to check again at the very end of the year then!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

1674 days since I have my Switch

38 new games started in 2021 (vs 43 in 2020)

Most played game:
- Hitman 3: 30 hours

69% in dock mode, 31% in portable

Most active months:
- January, October and November

Big drop in played hours this year for me. 93 hours vs 420 hours the previous year. My top played game this year was 34 hours of Animal Crossing which I stopped playing around March once it hit the one year mark. Looking forward to a solid 2022 in releases.