By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect Andromeda is really an Expanse game.

I loved the game from the first time I played it. Only played Mass Effect 1 and Andromeda.

Around the Network

The game was bud PLAGUED at launch with weird graphical choices/laziness. They improved it pretty significantly by the time I played it and I actually enjoyed myself, until encountering a game-breaking bug near the end game that I couldn't get around. I ended up having to just read how it ended from there, was super disappointed.

Somehow I beat this terrible game 3 times. Mass Effect Andromeda was/is terrible. People who want a sequel, I really just don't understand why. Every character was bland and boring as hell, the Kett was probably the most boring villain in a video game in the last 10 years. Andromeda was so awful, they just tried to cash in on the Mass Effect name and threw a VERY half assed product out there. Anyways, here's to hoping the upcoming Mass Effect 4 is actually meaningful.

Last edited by TheTitaniumNub - on 04 December 2021

It was alright once the patches were released and the bugs were fixed. Forgettable history and villains but I can't complain about the graphics and the gameplay.

I bought this game on day one and, while I've never beaten it, I never hated it either. I keep saying I'm gonna come back to it one day.

Around the Network

The writing was worse than any of the facial animations or glitches. It has some of the worst writing and cringe of cringe dialogue I have ever seen in a AAA game. Not to mention the female lead VA is beyond terrabad.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I don't quite agree. While it is not always needed (eg. Skyrim), people generally want a story to be able to hook them in sooner rather than later. The Expanse (the show, never read the books) has a story that engages you from the very start. According to steam, I played ME:A for 22.4 hours, and I remember very little of the game in terms of characters or specific plot points. My most recent Witcher 3 palythorugh was around the same time as ME:A, and I remember some smaller side quests more vividly, so it shouldn't be a problem with my memory.

Honestly I played Andromeda more than non-modded ME3. I enjoyed the game for what it was. In many ways it was got back to some of the things I missed from ME1. The exploration aspect that was absent from ME2 and ME3 being one of them. It's too bad internal politics and stupidity stifled the game. Why Bioware Montreal decided to build things from scratch that Bioware Edmonton had already worked out for Dragon Age Inquisition is beyond me. Frostbite is not ideal for RPGs. So why waste valuable development time reinventing things you don't need to. As they say "Pride comes before the fall" and because of pride, Bioware Montreal isn't around any more.

The game is 6/10 or something, it's just decent. That said I have played through this game like ~5 times, it's just a slow game that is nice to play 1-3 hours a day.

I have only watch the first season of the expance but that show just take place around our solar system, not an entire galaxy.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

I thought it was a very good game. Nothing spectacular, but good. Mass Effect suffers from the Halo problem: The bar was set super high, so expectations are for every game to be a game of the year contender. That's just not realistic in an ongoing series. They can't hit it out of the park every time.