By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 48, 2021 - (22nd Nov - 28th Nov)

Ashadelo said:
src said:

MHW is at 20M

FF and FROM's games (Elden Ring) could break out and push 15M which would be close to some Pokemon games.

No FF game has ever reached 15. The highest is 7 at 13.1 and second is X at 10 million or so?

If it breaks out is what I said...

Agente42 said:
src said:

MHW is at 20M

FF and FROM's games (Elden Ring) could break out and push 15M which would be close to some Pokemon games.

In 3 consoles. Do you have another JRPG make this in one consoles?

lmao at this goalpost moving

Around the Network

MHW is not a JRPG by any means it would be like calling God of War a JRPG and as mentioned no FF or FS game has ever reached 15m and at this point I doubt any ever will especially after how FF7R was predicted to do so and never even got pass 6m. Only JRPG MH games are the Stories series.

Wyrdness said:

MHW is not a JRPG by any means it would be like calling God of War a JRPG and as mentioned no FF or FS game has ever reached 15m and at this point I doubt any ever will especially after how FF7R was predicted to do so and never even got pass 6m. Only JRPG MH games are the Stories series.

You don't need to be turn based to be a jrpg. Look at the modern final fantasies etc.

I would definitely say mhw could class as a jrpg.

But this discussion is just petty and funny lol.

Zippy6 said:
Wyrdness said:

You don't need to be turn based to be a jrpg. Look at the modern final fantasies etc.

Who said anything about being turn based go on point out where I even mentioned it? MH is a mission based action adventure title always has been it's about as much a JRPG as GOW or Zelda, explain how MH is a JRPG about the only character development mechanic is new armour and weapons.

Wyrdness said:
Zippy6 said:

Who said anything about being turn based go on point out where I even mentioned it? MH is a mission based action adventure title always has been it's about as much a JRPG as GOW or Zelda, explain how MH is a JRPG about the only character development mechanic is new armour and weapons.

It's classified as an action RPG the same as FF XV.

It's an RPG, it's Japanese.

Monster Hunter World is listed under the JRPG section on Wikipedia lol.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Eastern_role-playing_video_games

Last edited by Zippy6 - on 03 December 2021

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:
Wyrdness said:

Only it's not an action RPG it's an action adventure game and always has been an RPG has a central core mechanic dedicated to character development all RPGs have this from KH, Astral Chain to even the FF games you cite still retain this, MH doesn't which makes it a dubious claim to call it an RPG of any kind MH has always been it's own little sub-genre of adventure the same people who call it an RPG are the same who were calling Zelda a JRPG for decades or compare any hard game to Dark Souls.

Having lite rpg elements doesn't equal an RPG otherwise a whole host of games would be JRPGs it would be like calling OOT a FPS because you go into first person when using the bow Wikipedia can be edited by anyone on the net.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 03 December 2021

Wyrdness said:
Zippy6 said:

Only it's not an action RPG it's an action adventure game and always has been an RPG has a central core mechanic dedicated to character development all RPGs have this from KH, Astral Chain to even the FF games you cite still retain this, MH doesn't which makes it a dubious claim to call it an RPG of any kind MH has always been it's own little sub-genre of adventure the same people who call it an RPG are the same who were calling Zelda a JRPG for decades.

Having lite rpg elements doesn't equal an RPG otherwise a whole host of games would be JRPGs it would be like calling OOT a FPS because you go into first person when using the bow Wikipedia is also edited by anyone on the net.

And your post is edited by you, some dude on the net.

People will disagree, there's no strict objective definition of what a jrpg is. I'm sure there's some people who are even stricter than you and wouldn't call Pokémon a jrpg.

90% drop for Battlefield on PS5; it's games just can't seem to manage any legs. Will probably be out of the top 30 in the next weekly chart.

Mario Party Superstars quickly establishing itself as a new evergreen, while Super Mario Party continues to sell alongside it 3 years later, and Sword/Shield likewise continues to sell well alongside Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl.

Zippy6 said:
Wyrdness said:

Only it's not an action RPG it's an action adventure game and always has been an RPG has a central core mechanic dedicated to character development all RPGs have this from KH, Astral Chain to even the FF games you cite still retain this, MH doesn't which makes it a dubious claim to call it an RPG of any kind MH has always been it's own little sub-genre of adventure the same people who call it an RPG are the same who were calling Zelda a JRPG for decades.

Having lite rpg elements doesn't equal an RPG otherwise a whole host of games would be JRPGs it would be like calling OOT a FPS because you go into first person when using the bow Wikipedia is also edited by anyone on the net.

People will disagree, there's no strict objective definition of what a jrpg is. I'm sure there's some people who are even stricter than you and wouldn't call Pokémon a jrpg.

Those people can at least give a reasoning due to the unique nature of Nintendo's RPG approach you on the other hand are just going by "well other people call it that" and have not given a single reasoning as to how it falls in the genre I have given an example of why it doesn't. It's funny because some of you were adamant RFA isn't a JRPG when it has all the traits and mechanics but MHW which only has one lite element some how is.

Wyrdness said:
Zippy6 said:

Those people can at least give a reasoning due to the unique nature of Nintendo's RPG approach you on the other hand are just going by "well other people call it that" and have not given a single reasoning as to how it falls in the genre I have given an example of why it doesn't. It's funny because some of you were adamant RFA isn't a JRPG when it has all the traits and mechanics but MHW which only has one lite element some how is.

Because I don't want to waste my time arguing about something that doesn't matter lmao. It's 11pm and I'm chilling in bed and this started cause of some hilarious dick measuring bickering.