By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 48, 2021 - (22nd Nov - 28th Nov)

Zippy6 said:
Wyrdness said:

Those people can at least give a reasoning due to the unique nature of Nintendo's RPG approach you on the other hand are just going by "well other people call it that" and have not given a single reasoning as to how it falls in the genre I have given an example of why it doesn't. It's funny because some of you were adamant RFA isn't a JRPG when it has all the traits and mechanics but MHW which only has one lite element some how is.

Because I don't want to waste my time arguing about something that doesn't matter lmao. It's 11pm and I'm chilling in bed and this started cause of some hilarious dick measuring bickering.

Yet you still joined in if you don't want to elaborate your stance then don't reply the second you do people are free to ask you to do so.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:

MHW is not a JRPG by any means it would be like calling God of War a JRPG and as mentioned no FF or FS game has ever reached 15m and at this point I doubt any ever will especially after how FF7R was predicted to do so and never even got pass 6m. Only JRPG MH games are the Stories series.

LMAO

JRPG = Japanese RPG. MHW is a JRPG as is Dark Souls.

How many of you failed reading comprehension at school? I said if it breaks out (which I think it can).

Also miss us with reporting out of date figures like its a LTD. It sold 5 million in 3.5 months.

FF7R was the fastest selling FF of all time. SE made so much money they're tripling down on FF7R projects.

src said:

LMAO

How many of you failed reading comprehension at school? I said if it breaks out (which I think it can).

Also miss us with reporting out of date figures like its a LTD. It sold 5 million in 3.5 months.

FF7R was the fastest selling FF of all time. SE made so much money they're tripling down on FF7R projects.

Every game in a series can become the fastest selling it means bugger all in a market known for being front loaded especially as VIIR's last shipment was a reported 5.7m or so way down from the 15-20m people such as yourself predicted and also down from the 8m XV sold remember when you were telling people 10m is the floor for VIIR and will reach that on PS4 alone this is what your break out predictions turn out to be far from actual reality. Unless you can provide shipment data the last reported number is what we'll go by and ofcourse they have to triple down on the VIIR projects they had already committed to it so will lose money otherwise.

Wyrdness said:
src said:

LMAO

Every game in a series can become the fastest selling it means bugger all in a market known for being front loaded especially as VIIR's last shipment was a reported 5.7m or so way down from the 15-20m people such as yourself predicted and also down from the 8m XV sold remember when you were telling people 10m is the floor for VIIR and will reach that on PS4 alone this is what your break out predictions turn out to be far from actual reality. Unless you can provide shipment data the last reported number is what we'll go by and ofcourse they have to triple down on the VIIR projects they had already committed to it so will lose money otherwise.

I mean 3.5m FW, 5m after 3 months, this is obviously an evergreen ala nintendogs/braintraining so 20m after a year isn't unlikely. i could put this in a graph

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Wyrdness said:

I mean 3.5m FW, 5m after 3 months, this is obviously an evergreen ala nintendogs/braintraining so 20m after a year isn't unlikely. i could put this in a graph

It's already been over a year since that shipment update no new update on that 5m.

Around the Network

If Monster Hunter is a JRPG then Astral Chain is one too.

JRPGs like Final Fantasy are generally frontloaded btw.

Creating your own character and using weapons you prefer is Role Playing....

konnichiwa said:

Under that Splatoon is a RPG, the general thing about RPG as a genre as a whole is a central mechanical structure for character growth as you progress, this industry often mistakes having some lite elements of another genre as being in that genre. To give an example on what is meant by character growth earlier someone tried to mention FFXV as a counter argument but in FFXV you gain exp per kill and so on to further develop your character and it's a system that is separate to your equipment at that while in comparison MH all you do is create your character and manage equipment the actual character themself has no growth in the game as if you put on starting equipment they'd become as weak as they were at the start of the game where as in an actual rpg like FFXV even if you put starting equipment on a character later on they can never revert to as they were when they started the adventure due to the growth hence why many long time players of MH will correct people who call it an RPG. It's a similar mistake to when people were calling Zelda a JRPG.

Example of actual action RPGs would be KH, FFXV, Astral Chain and Dark Souls as these games have actual central growth mechanics.

Dyson sphere program is an rpg

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

konnichiwa said:

There are plenty of RPGs with neither of that and plenty of other non-RPGs where both of these points fit.