By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 47, 2021 - (15th Nov - 21st Nov)

Mnementh said:
src said:

No. PS4 has had no stock from Sony since the beginning of this year. They're moving over everyone to PS5 ASAP but the chip shortages has clearly limited the speed at which they can do that.

The usual reason why Nintendo consoles have a shorter lifespan is exactly the same: usually Nintendo cuts them short by discontinuing production shortly after the release of the next gen. So the unusual part is, that Nintendo keeps selling 3DS, while this time Sony decides to cut production short in favor of next gen.

The 3DS units that are being sold now have been shipped over a year ago. Nintendo isn't selling them themselves.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
Mnementh said:

The usual reason why Nintendo consoles have a shorter lifespan is exactly the same: usually Nintendo cuts them short by discontinuing production shortly after the release of the next gen. So the unusual part is, that Nintendo keeps selling 3DS, while this time Sony decides to cut production short in favor of next gen.

The 3DS units that are being sold now have been shipped over a year ago. Nintendo isn't selling them themselves.

Well, they must've produced them at one point.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

yo33331 said:
trunkswd said:

Only time I am thinking it would have been possible would be the launch of Blue Dragon and that week according to Media Create Xbox 360 sold 35,343 units, wihle PS3 sold 50,171 units. However, PS2 sold 30,460. So technically Xbox 360 did outsell the PS2 that one week in Japan.

Looks like the week the Xbox One launched also outsold the PS4. We have Xbox One at 24,795 for week ending September 6, 2014 and PS4 sales at 6,797 that one week.

According to VGChartz the 360 has outsold PS3 in the period 2007-2009 in japan a few times, and even monthly in the month of september 2008 and august 2009.

Other than these few times, there are also others that were very close in this period.

Thank you. I hadn't looked too closely. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

src said:

Disappointing numbers for SMTV, although inline with prior entries, thought the Persona boost and being on SW would result in a breaking of the mold. Interesting to see how the rumoured PS4 port will do.

It won't do great, I highly doubt it will ever release

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

src said:

Disappointing numbers for SMTV, although inline with prior entries, thought the Persona boost and being on SW would result in a breaking of the mold. Interesting to see how the rumoured PS4 port will do.

Should fare pretty well considering Atlus has a pretty big fanbase on PS, especially coming after their biggest hit yet with the Persona 5 family. 

Around the Network

Smt5 sold pretty well worldwide from what I heard
The people, not necessarily here, who think the game suffered in sales because its a switch game are being a little silly

SKMBlake said:
src said:

Well there's code booleans about game settings for PS4 so it seems pretty substantial. SMT3 HD did very well on PS4, and Persona fanbase is on PS4 so I think it will help a fair bit. Should have been day 1 but there's probably some Nintendo paid exclusivity deal there.

src said:
SKMBlake said:

Well there's code booleans about game settings for PS4 so it seems pretty substantial. SMT3 HD did very well on PS4, and Persona fanbase is on PS4 so I think it will help a fair bit. Should have been day 1 but there's probably some Nintendo paid exclusivity deal there.

The game was first introduced during the presentation of the Switch back in january 2017

https://youtu.be/pIIu_kcWXpA

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

src said:
SKMBlake said:

If SMTV does release on PS4, hopefully Persona 5 (Royal) releases on Switch to make it fair. 

Kai_Mao said:
src said:

If SMTV does release on PS4, hopefully Persona 5 (Royal) releases on Switch to make it fair. 

Nothing suggests it will. There's no fairness in business.