By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Sales Comparison Charts October 2021 Discussion Thread

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

A 6.4 million deficit after year 1 is a tall order to come back from, but I don't think many folks expect the Xbox Series to outsell the Switch. Honestly, I'd consider it a success if it significantly outsells the Xbox One.

It is VERY unlikely the Xbox Series X|S will be able to keep up with the Switch, but since I am doing PS5 vs Switch I know some would point out doing Xbox Series X|S vs Switch.

Don't get me wrong, it's still interesting to see how XS charts next to Switch and I look forward to seeing this chart continue. :)

Around the Network

1.2m gain in one month for Switch, and not even a holiday month, very nice indeed, bringing Switch's total aligned lead to an almost insurmountable 13 million plus.

One small typo; Switch is I believe 24 million behind PS4, not 242 million.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 02 December 2021

yo33331 said:

offtopic: @curl-6, nice sexy avatar there

Why thank you!

Thought I'd celebrate the season while still keeping the same character I've used for 6 years now haha.

Switch's gain over 3DS in the last 12 months is now more than the remaining lifetime gap.

It's only a matter of time now.

Radek said:

Will the Switch outsell the Wii by March 1st 2022?

By the end of this month.

Around the Network
Radek said:

Will the Switch outsell the Wii by March 1st 2022?

Yes, shipment forecast is 108.59m shipped by March 31st, they'll probably have sold-through 106m+ by March 1st.

Radek said:

Guys this is maybe not the place to ask this but what "impossible ports" is Switch getting in 2022 and beyond? The only one announced I can think of is Kingdom Come Deliverance in 2022.

I'm really sad Dying Light 2 (I don't count cloud) Hogwarts Legacy, Elden Ring and Saints Row are not coming to Switch.

And I still think GTA V might be ported to Switch with single player only card release in 2023 for 10th Anniversary.

They don't seem to get announced very far in advance. I don't think GTA V would be very hard to port, at least the single player.

curl-6 said:
yo33331 said:

offtopic: @curl-6, nice sexy avatar there

Why thank you!

Thought I'd celebrate the season while still keeping the same character I've used for 6 years now haha.

I recognise your Avatar, that is the main character from Fatal Frame Maiden of Blackwater, missed out on it for Wii U because only the special edition released in Europe and it was very expensive. It got the remaster treatment recently and i will be picking it up soon even though it is digital only. I'm guessing you are a big fan of the game and recommend it.

ShadowLink93 said:
curl-6 said:

Why thank you!

I recognise your Avatar, that is the main character from Fatal Frame Maiden of Blackwater, missed out on it for Wii U because only the special edition released in Europe and it was very expensive. It got the remaster treatment recently and i will be picking it up soon even though it is digital only. I'm guessing you are a big fan of the game and recommend it.

Indeed it is, yes I am a big fan, and yes I do recommend it. :)

I really hope you enjoy it. I think the best mindset to have going in is to expect an old school horror experience in the mold of the PS2 era in terms of structure and pacing, just with better graphics. For me at least that's a good thing.

Radek said:

Guys this is maybe not the place to ask this but what "impossible ports" is Switch getting in 2022 and beyond? The only one announced I can think of is Kingdom Come Deliverance in 2022.

I'm really sad Dying Light 2 (I don't count cloud) Hogwarts Legacy, Elden Ring and Saints Row are not coming to Switch.

And I still think GTA V might be ported to Switch with single player only card release in 2023 for 10th Anniversary.

As Kakadu says, they're often announced no far out from release, like how Dying Light wasn't officially revealed until October and launched in November.

Switch's install base will be over 100 million by the end of this month, I can't imagine developers are going to stop bringing over these "impossible ports" any time soon. If they weren't viable they would've stopped a long time ago.

I'm very confident Kingdom Come Deliverance will not be the only one we get in 2022.

The Switch will half the Wii's lead before the year ends.