By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

Mnementh said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Yeaaa, you got it

People were ecstatic for Duck Hunt dog

I was.

Around the Network
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Not adding any new games just yet, but adding more hints:

32) The protagonist for this game looks decidedly different from the other protagonist of the series.

Hint 2: Mainly because the other protagonists look so similar.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild?

If so, clever.

More hints:

#31: Transferring the soul of an animal into a child born without one will not end well. Anyone surprised? Killing a god may the cause of it all. You are the Watcher. This game had a big Kickstarter campaign. The developer of the game got later bought by Microsoft. Guessed by Machina.

#30: A-Plus, Akebi, Ramen, S-Chan and just Frank. Deliver the cleaned laundry. Actually you forget to deliver it. This 3DS game was part of a series of smaller games. You play on Friday. Guessed by Machina.

#29: The rooster of war! The tree of love! This colorful open world game let you interact with some gods. The Ubisoft towers are big statues this time. Guessed by Machina.

#28: Climbing, swimming, running, flying, digging... and freezing. Luckily there are hot springs, which will warm you up. Guessed by Darashiva.

#27: Play in Detroit and Shanghai. You have for each problem multiple ways to solve it. Guessed by Darashiva.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 01 December 2021

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Guessed by Farsala

During my console blues and when I turned to PC, there were a bunch of PC games that made me see the light; this platform was better than consoles. 'Rome: Total War' was one of those games. It just 'clicked', and it was the right thing at the right time, just when I needed it. This was my first introduction to the Total War series. This game however does it more in a grand strategy style, commanding armies across the map instead of individual units.

Of course there's two sides to this and the other Total War games; the turn-based campaign map and the real-time battles. Though the aspect is quite impressive and fairly realistic across the series, I've always been more of a fan of the campaign map part and usually auto-resolve the battles unless there's something specific. The game got a sequel in 2013, 'Rome II', that game got a bad reputation when it released because there were launch issues. However, Rome II is actually almost as great as the original and in some ways even better. The first game though has the edge of being the first. If a game's good enough, that edge is hard to beat.

Mnementh said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

28. Immortals Fenyx Rising?

Are you sure you picked the right number? Because 28 isn't Fenyx.

Well, I've never played the game, so that puts me at a disadvantage, lol.  Is 29 Immortals Fenyx Rising?

Mnementh said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

More hints on my games:

34. a) This first game in the series was based on a classical piece of literature but not European literature.
b) The literature is about outlaws from a marsh, but the video game also included elves and dwarves and other fantasy tropes that they thought would appeal to a Western audience.

33.  I bought a SNES on launch day in order to get this game.  Given, the game didn't release until sometime the next year, but Nintendo Power said it was coming, so I just had to have a SNES as soon as possible.

32.  This game is probably the main reason why the Wii holds the NPD record for most hardware sold in a single month.

#34: Oh, so it is not Romance of the three Kingdoms, but another one of the four classic chinese novel, The outlaws from the marsh or how it is called in english. There are multiple games adapting this story, but I guess it might be Suikoden.

Correct!

Around the Network

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Not adding any new games just yet, but adding more hints:

33) You spent much of this game in a preposterously tall tower.

Hint 2: You play as the vessel.

Hint 3: Part of a series that has done a pretty poor job celebrating it's 25th anniversary... so far.

32) The protagonist for this game looks decidedly different from the other protagonist of the series.

Hint 2: Mainly because the other protagonists look so similar.

31) This game is extremely beloved despite being rushed. Personally I think it shows, but it's still tons of fun.

Hint 2: Particularly well liked by the more competitive players.

30) First game in the series to have DLC, some of it had people ecstatic and some of it less so.

Hint 2: Ecstatic = The hype meter went nuts.

33. I've never finished a Pokemon game, so I'm guessing Gold/Silver.

32. Final Fantasy 6?

31. Halo?

Mnementh said:

More hints:

#31: Transferring the soul of an animal into a child born without one will not end well. Anyone surprised? Killing a god may the cause of it all. You are the Watcher. This game had a big Kickstarter campaign. The developer of the game got later bought by Microsoft.

#30: A-Plus, Akebi, Ramen, S-Chan and just Frank. Deliver the cleaned laundry. Actually you forget to deliver it. This 3DS game was part of a series of smaller games. You play on Friday.

#29: The rooster of war! The tree of love! This colorful open world game let you interact with some gods. The Ubisoft towers are big statues this time. Guessed by Machina.

#28: Climbing, swimming, running, flying, digging... and freezing. Luckily there are hot springs, which will warm you up. Guessed by Darashiva.

#27: Play in Detroit and Shanghai. You have for each problem multiple ways to solve it.

31. Ori and the Blind Forest?

30.  Persona Q?

All my stuff's been guessed, so here's only a single hint, for the #27 game.

#27: You've probably all been thinking; "Where's this series on S.Peelman's list?" Well, here it is finally, this is the game that started it all. Well, my fandom anyway.

Here are some clues for my next few games.

31.  I would not be surprised if someone tells me that this Nintendo game should be higher on my list.

30.  Some consider the main protagonist of this RPG to be female, but personally I would say it has more of an ensemble cast.

29.  I still haven't beaten a final boss of this game, but the decisions you make during gameplay determine if you will even encounter him.

S.Peelman said:

#27: You've probably all been thinking; "Where's this series on S.Peelman's list?" Well, here it is finally, this is the game that started it all. Well, my fandom anyway.

Link to the Past?

The_Liquid_Laser said:
S.Peelman said:

Link to the Past?

Yes.

You know me so well.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Here are some clues for my next few games.

31.  I would not be surprised if someone tells me that this Nintendo game should be higher on my list.

Ocarina of Time?