By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

Farsala said:

39 Down forward punch, down forward punch, down forward punch, down forward punch. Noobs of this game would be very annoyed playing against this in this 4th game of a long running series.

A fighting game. That part’s easy. Now for the combo. Is it Street Fighter IV?

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Farsala said:

39 Down forward punch, down forward punch, down forward punch, down forward punch. Noobs of this game would be very annoyed playing against this in this 4th game of a long running series.

A fighting game. That part’s easy. Now for the combo. Is it Street Fighter IV?

Yes that it is. Down forward punch is just hadouken, so just spam that and noobs can't even move. I would know, because I had it happen to me haha.

Particularly Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, I enjoyed the most.

Kakadu18 said:

More hints.
#38: There is a level where a dog swallows a key you need to progress and you need to chase and catch it to get the key back.

Hint 2: In the same level there is a flight of stairs that feels like it's going on forever and that likes to get slippery sometimes.

More hints:

#35: As the king is consumed by the rot, who will dare to challenge the throne? The tribes of the wolfes, rats, bears and rabbits give it a try. Guessed by Darashiva.

#34: The game starts with the Peach Garden Oath.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 23 November 2021

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Runa216 said:

45 - Witty woman goes in, homocidal psycho robot comes out.
- Confectionary Lovers need not apply.
- Narbacular Drop Spiritual Successor. <-- If you google this hint you'll get it and feel kinda silly for not getting it. 
39 - Like Super Metroid but better (yeah I know I'll get a lot of hate for this)
- Instead of a double jump, you get a Drone Toss
37 - Like it's 2009, PS3 rendition but better in every way.
- The Dev team just got purchased by Sony this year for their work on this game (among other, similar projects)
35 - According to review aggregators, this is the best in the franchise. I put 5 games in the franchise ahead of it.
 - The Franchise has more than ten entries, and this one harkens back to ALL of the entries prior to it in some way or another. 
33 - THEY'RE GOING BACKWARDS ON THE COVER ART!
 - Newton's Worst Infinite nightmare
32 - this cheekily-titled threequel introduced online multiplayer...and somehow the plot threads are still being recycled in the series in 2021.
- The Developer was also bought by sony recently due to their work, in part, on this series. 

39 - Axiom Verge

37 - Demon's Souls

35 - Final Fantasy IX

32 - Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal

Edited to add #37, 32 guesses

Last edited by kenjab - on 23 November 2021

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

More hints:

#35: As the king is consumed by the rot, who will dare to challenge the throne? The tribes of the wolfes, rats, bears and rabbits give it a try.

Only just came here to check the hints from the last day. 35 is Armello.

Darashiva said:
Mnementh said:

More hints:

#35: As the king is consumed by the rot, who will dare to challenge the throne? The tribes of the wolfes, rats, bears and rabbits give it a try.

Only just came here to check the hints from the last day. 35 is Armello.

And that is absolutely correct!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Let's try to stay ahead here, so here are hints for the next five games on my list.

#35:

• The main character's mistake leads to the death of his mother after she saves him.

• XIII

• Lord of Calamity

• Leave your corporate life behind and take over your grandfather's farm.

• The whole thing might actually be a stage play.

Darashiva said:

Let's try to stay ahead here, so here are hints for the next five games on my list.

#35:

• The main character's mistake leads to the death of his mother after she saves him.

• XIII

• Lord of Calamity

#32 - Stardew Valley

#31 - Super Mario Bros 3

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

mZuzek said:
Darashiva said:

XIII

This hint is just straight up the name of the game

That would be an interesting way to go about this, but not this time.

kenjab said:
Darashiva said:

#35:

• XIII

• Lord of Calamity

#32 - Stardew Valley

#31 - Super Mario Bros 3

Correct on both.