By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

Mnementh said:

#40: Eat PCB (printed curcuit board). You play an orange blob in this old puzzle game.

The orange Blob part makes me think of Locoroco (had to google to make sure it was orange)

Having never played the game, i have no idea if/what the blob eats 

Around the Network
Supermario28 said:
Mnementh said:

#40: Eat PCB (printed curcuit board). You play an orange blob in this old puzzle game.

The orange Blob part makes me think of Locoroco (had to google to make sure it was orange)

Having never played the game, i have no idea if/what the blob eats 

Nope, it is not Locoroco, which I myself never played. My game is actually much, much older.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 18 November 2021

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Finished my list. Things I'd like to note:

- It seems I like games Ubisoft made from 7 to 14 years ago. Rayman Legends of course had to be on the list, Child of LIght is still to this day one of the prettiest games I've played to this day (and for that reason alone I love it to death), and the Ass Creed games had a spark to them back then. Ezio was a cool character and Black Flag is just mindless fun. Raiding ships became a chore quickly, but I managed my ways to mess with the game and create lots of hilarious situations. I also have played a few Spliner Cell games, but it seems that the first one played, Blacklist, was the only one that sticked with me. It's not particularly special, not even the best Splinter Cell, for that matter, but I don't know, I liked it quite a lot.

- I have over 50 games on Switch, but only 1 has managed to crack the top 10. 1 and a half, anyway. I played Breath of the Wild the most on Switch and I started to like it a lot there, too, but... I played it on Wii U first, so yeah. Plenty of games of the system have made it on the list, regardless, 11 to be precise, so that's about 20% of my entire library on the console. Not bad at all, it has now tied the Xbox 360 in representations and it still has ways to go.

- I don't think that top 3 is moving ever again, something way too special would need to come, so I'd say Xenoblade X is the "secondary" number 1.

- Nintendo and its subsidiares dominate the list with 18 entries, definitely not a Nintendo fanboy. But I was expecting way more, for some reason.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I started Child of Light but never finished it, but seeing the love it's getting here is tempting me to go back to it.

As for my list...I didn't realize it when I made it, but all but one game so far is from 1993 and earlier. I feel so old, lol.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Guessed by Zippy6

Probably the biggest addiction I ever had, was the first generation of 'Pokémon'. I watched the anime, I had the trading cards, I had some random stuff here and there, and I had the game on GameBoy. The Blue Version, but that's coincidence really. For a time I lived and breathed Pokémon. I wasn't alone, this thing was huge. Still back then it wasn't that easy to do what the games were meant to be for; trading Pokémon. 

The GameBoy obviously doesn't have wireless technology, and they needed to be linked via a cable. And this was a problem, because these cables were something of a myth. Nobody had one. And besides, trading also needed two people being together with their GameBoy and the game in hand and that was equally rare, because we weren't taking our GameBoys to school. So after a couple years, when my addiction subsided and I never got another generation of Pokémon games anymore, I actually never did that which was the whole point of having two different versions of the game; trading a Pokémon.

Around the Network

Guess I better start typing my list out, I'll probably put like 40 asterisks of honorable mentions this year, definitely the toughest list I had to arrange so far, because I still wasn't 100% satisfied with it, anyways.

#50 - Soul Calibur II - Nintendo Gamecube

I was playing Soul Calibur VI earlier this year, and I'm like, man this is just ok, maybe I remember II wrong and it wasn't that great? Not really, that and Tekken 7 just made me want to go back to previous entries, Soul Calibur II being just as good as ever.

The art direction, and visuals are still the best in the seires, the soundtrack has a lot of energy and is very memorable, the stages are cool, the roster is fantastic, Gamecube having the best guest character, and Cassandra back when she had a good design (III's is neat too). And the weapon master mode is a great single player campaign, one of my favorite things are the dungeon crawler levels. And the mechanics are all great, the combat has a good pace to it, the sound effects and animations are all crunchy, and cool, is pretty straightforward without any weird gimmick, just a pure, satisfying 3D combat.

42: Some of my favorite quotes come from the generic fighter class in this game. "I want more!"
The generic fighter class also has a passive called "Shaking Excitement". Basically the harder the challenge is, the stronger one gets.
The fact that you can choose to fight with a custom party and not the main characters is a major bonus to this game. You unlock more as you play and then you can reincarnate them for a power boost.

mZuzek said:

Not gonna lie, it got kinda boring waiting around after having these three games all guessed days ago. Gonna go back to hinting them one at a time now

#42 - They recently stopped adding content to it, just under 3 years on from the original release.

Smash Ultimate?

Sorry if that means you’ll have to be bored again for a couple of days. The Football Manager was a fun read by the way.

Machina said:

This one's on my list too, although higher up. A very addictive childhood game, with a core that's so strong it remains relatively unchanged to this day (just messed with and added to in unecessary ways I feel, but them I'm very much a casual when it comes to Pokemon).

I only played Blue, and then it was over for me so now I’m nothing anymore when it comes to Pokemon. Back then though I was hardcore, I knew everything. I do still keep an eye on what’s happening with the game series, out of curiosity, and I’ve got to say I was a little bit tempted when Let’s Go released because it’s a first gen remake.

Time to reveal #44 and I'll explain the hints cause I guess I made it too hard. xD

Guessed by: Nobody

Hint 1: This game is a quest to a place named like a geometric dragon.   
(They are looking for the lost kingdom of Yamatai within the Dragon's Triangle)

Hint 2: The two pyramids are a bit smaller than they used to be, and aren't really pyramids anymore.
(This hint refers to Lara's triangle boobs in the original 90's games)

Hint 3: This action game introduced several side characters but all but one were absent from the next installments in the series.
(Self explanatory, I believe only Jonah out of all the characters in the first game returns for Rise and Shadow of the Tomb Raider.)

Hint 4: Random Song: Here comes the sun. Random Band: Queen
(The story for the game revolves around Himiko the Sun Queen)

Hint 5: This is the "first" game in the series.
(The first being in quotations is a hint that this is a reboot, and the first in the reboot series)

Hint 6:

(Image of a Yam, and a Tie. Yam-a-tie. Yamatai)