By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Sells Over 500K, PS5 and XS Sales Climb - Global Hardware Oct 17 to 23

deerox said:
ShadowLink93 said:

Xbox Series isn't getting totally trounced by PS5, I don't expect it to reach the popularity of XB360 but it could end up in between XBoxone and XB360 numbers. Perhaps something like 70m lifetime.

Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI might give the console enough momentum to outsell the 360.

The gen will be pretty much over by the time TES6 is released. 

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Zippy6 said:

You've changed your tune, a week ago it was "likely" to sell more than 29.66m, now 28.2m is "too close to call".

Check my post again.  Reading comprehension for the win!

I read what you wrote just fine. You said 2020 vs 2021 was too close to call, and as for your second line "likely" to pass 28.2m is not the same as "likely" to pass 29.66m.

You went from one week ago saying - "to say that Switch will be down this year is ... "very very pessimistic.""

To now saying - "I think Switch is more likely to be up this year than down.  However, it's going to come down to how many Switches Nintendo is able to ship."

So like I said, you've changed your tune.

Last edited by Zippy6 - on 02 November 2021

Zippy6 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I read what you wrote just fine. You said 2020 vs 2021 was too close to call, and as for your second line "likely" to pass 28.2m is not the same as "likely" to pass 29.66m.

You went from one week ago saying - "to say that Switch will be down this year is ... "very very pessimistic.""

To now saying - "I think Switch is more likely to be up this year than down.  However, it's going to come down to how many Switches Nintendo is able to ship."

So like I said, you've changed your tune.

I never gave numbers.  I said, "Switch is more likely to be up this year than down".  If you want to know my definitions of "up" and "down" and "about the same", then check out the poll in this thread (which I made).

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/245376/predict-switch-2021-sales-calendar-year/1

Reading comprehension for the win!

Blood_Tears said:
deerox said:

Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI might give the console enough momentum to outsell the 360.

That's true. Maybe Skyrim: Hyper Edition will be enough to make the Xbox outsell the 360.

ShadowLink93 said:

Xbox Series isn't getting totally trounced by PS5, I don't expect it to reach the popularity of XB360 but it could end up in between XBoxone and XB360 numbers. Perhaps something like 70m lifetime.

Yeah that sounds about right; better PR and first party support should raise it above the Xbone, but I don't see it having the long legs, 10 year lifespan, or Kinect boost that elevated 360 to the sales it reached.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Zippy6 said:

You've changed your tune, a week ago it was "likely" to sell more than 29.66m, now 28.2m is "too close to call".

Come on man, there's no need to be rude. Let's keep the discussions civil shall we?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
ShadowLink93 said:

Yeah that sounds about right; better PR and first party support should raise it above the Xbone, but I don't see it having the long legs, 10 year lifespan, or Kinect boost that elevated 360 to the sales it reached.

It also doesn't have the red ring of death. No one owned just one Xbox 360, they owned multiple. lol

Sogreblute said:
curl-6 said:

It also doesn't have the red ring of death. No one owned just one Xbox 360, they owned multiple. lol

Can confirm; my first one died on me and I bought a second one to replace it. The flipside of that though is that its reputation as faulty hardware may have dissuaded a lot of potential buyers and so hurt hardware sales as well as helped them.

Blood_Tears said:
deerox said:

So? FF7 Remake was announced during year one of the PS4, took until the final year of PS4 to get 'FF7 Remake Disc 1 Part 1 Nomura Remix Edition' (ironically on 2 discs if you bought the physical copy).

Shaunodon said:
Blood_Tears said:

So? FF7 Remake was announced during year one of the PS4, took until the final year of PS4 to get 'FF7 Remake Disc 1 Part 1 Nomura Remix Edition' (ironically on 2 discs if you bought the physical copy).

Wrong, FFXV was announced during year one of the PS4, came out in 2016. FFVIIR was announced in E3 2015, came out in 2020.

HoangNhatAnh said:
Shaunodon said:

Wrong, FFXV was announced during year one of the PS4, came out in 2016. FFVIIR was announced in E3 2015, came out in 2020.

My mistake. Those years really just blend together in my memory.