By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony has formed the ‘PlayStation PC’ label for its PC games push.

A slightly awkward name, but it makes sense.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

I never really played that many Sony games, so them coming to PC doesn't help me that much.

Are you aware that even after this label was created (April), Sony leadership have said their intent is to port to PC only after the game have runb its course on their platform and that they still want to have exclusives as reason to buy PS?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

Are you aware that even after this label was created (April), Sony leadership have said their intent is to port to PC only after the game have runb its course on their platform and that they still want to have exclusives as reason to buy PS?

That's exactly what I thought. They are still going to prioritise selling their consoles and are actually now making profit from their hardware sales.

Kakadu18 said:
DonFerrari said:

That's exactly what I thought. They are still going to prioritise selling their consoles and are actually now making profit from their hardware sales.

It's kind of brilliant on Sony's part. Games are and will continue to get more expensive to make. Nearly all of their games are singleplayer without any component of additional monetization outside of that initial game purchase, which we and Sony would like to keep it that way. Now, they can release their big budget games on console, then a year or two later once sales are at a snails pace, port the game to PC with nowhere near as much work needed to do so, and suddenly the game is making gangbusters again!

Sony will never have an issue making sure their games make enough money.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 29 October 2021

Around the Network

Can't wait to play PlayStation games, which I purchased on my PC, on my XBSX using the Geforce Now. What a time to be alive!

Kristof81 said:

Can't wait to play PlayStation games, which I purchased on my PC, on my XBSX using the Geforce Now. What a time to be alive!

Nothing new though and already worked with all games day 1 :p
https://www.neowin.net/news/yes-you-really-can-play-ps4-games-inside-the-xbox-ones-dashboard/

But you don't need a ps console anymore.

What a boring name though, Playstation PC. I hope they also port their smaller games as I prefer to play those on my laptop (I played Infini Factory through remote play, but should have just bought it natively on Steam doh) Journey is already on Steam (and on sale atm)

KLAMarine said:

Now I just need a 'Nintendo PC' and all will be well with the world!

Inevitable, Nintendo is the last hold out and will keep making hardware the longest.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:
KLAMarine said:

Now I just need a 'Nintendo PC' and all will be well with the world!

Inevitable, Nintendo is the last hold out and will keep making hardware the longest.

Idk if I would say it's inevitable. Microsoft and Sony are insanely large companies where gaming is just one of many divisions within both companies. Nintendo doesn't have that luxury. Gaming IS Nintendo's entire business. They never sell their consoles at a loss and heavily invest in their first party games because they have to. During the Wii U days, they were losing so much money, people were thinking they were gonna go the way of Sega and go third-party. 

On the other side of the coin though, they may be investing and branching out into other mediums like theme parks, movies, and such as a way to bring in constant revenue where they aren't so dependent on their consoles and games selling so much all the time. Maybe, just maybe, one day Nintendo won't see PC as such a bad thing to bring their games to. Because right now, Nintendo just views PC as a way to take away from their console sales. 

gtotheunit91 said:
Wman1996 said:

Idk if I would say it's inevitable. Microsoft and Sony are insanely large companies where gaming is just one of many divisions within both companies. Nintendo doesn't have that luxury. Gaming IS Nintendo's entire business. They never sell their consoles at a loss and heavily invest in their first party games because they have to. During the Wii U days, they were losing so much money, people were thinking they were gonna go the way of Sega and go third-party. 

On the other side of the coin though, they may be investing and branching out into other mediums like theme parks, movies, and such as a way to bring in constant revenue where they aren't so dependent on their consoles and games selling so much all the time. Maybe, just maybe, one day Nintendo won't see PC as such a bad thing to bring their games to. Because right now, Nintendo just views PC as a way to take away from their console sales. 

Gaming is pretty huge for Sony now too after their laptops, cellphones, and other areas have either been sold off or marginalized.  I know they have a couple other areas like cameras and camera parts and financials but if PS4 had continued their downward trend in gaming they'd have been pretty screwed 

I am Iron Man