By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - State of Play - Oct 27 (3rd party updates + a few reveals; 20 mins)

Tagged games:

DonFerrari said:
Dulfite said:

That meme doesn't apply to this situation. I'm not saying I'm okay waiting for games on PC vs. PS. I don't expect ANY Sony games to come to PC. When they do, they are a pleasant surprise, so I don't have years of expectation or "waiting" built up. Prior to the other day, I had no expectation of GoW ever coming to PC, so when they announced that it was coming and within a few months, that was fantastic news for me. If they announced GoW was coming but not until January 2023, I'd be super annoyed. Don't announce it until it's 9 months or less from releasing on the platform you are announcing it for is what I'm saying I want.

As for the third party being the main focus of this one, I was not aware of that and yeah, none of that is Sony's fault. My view isn't against Sony, moreso against the entire industry outside of a few companies. I even mentioned FF 7 R earlier, which is a SE game, as a prime example of this widespread problem. It isn't even close to only Sony doing this.

It being for 3rd parties is on the opening post and title man, did you read the thread or come just to mock?

I saw the State of Play part, not third party, before clicking. Then I saw the twitter image at the top, which doesn't talk about third party, just says state of play with details on when, so no, I did not notice the third party part before posting, and I'm not here to mock. All I did was wish you all get to enjoy games sooner than later lol.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Dulfite said:

Then why does Nintendo not fail since they tend to announce things within 9ish months of release? Are we Nintendo buyers just that different from the rest of the industry?

Anyway, didn't mean for this to become a thing. Hopefully the State of Play has lots of fun things in it for the near future!

Nintendo have failed plenty of times haven't them? And each company have a different strategy.

What? Other than the Virtual boy, when have they failed? Even during the Wii U/3ds years they made a profit. Here's their gross profit from 2006-2021:

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/NTDOY/nintendo/gross-profit

Dulfite said:
DonFerrari said:

Nintendo have failed plenty of times haven't them? And each company have a different strategy.

What? Other than the Virtual boy, when have they failed? Even during the Wii U/3ds years they made a profit. Here's their gross profit from 2006-2021:

You mean the profit when you put together the Handheld and consoles? If you think N64, GC and WiiU were sucessfull consoles ok them.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Dulfite said:
DonFerrari said:

It being for 3rd parties is on the opening post and title man, did you read the thread or come just to mock?

I saw the State of Play part, not third party, before clicking. Then I saw the twitter image at the top, which doesn't talk about third party, just says state of play with details on when, so no, I did not notice the third party part before posting, and I'm not here to mock. All I did was wish you all get to enjoy games sooner than later lol.

So you only saw that there was a SoP scheduled and already came to conclusions? Nope, you mocked that we need to wait for years and that you couldn`t, in a very condescendent tone.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I remember Project Eve from the last one but can't remember anything else. Guess it's too soon for anything on that. Only news I really want is Sony to say hey you can walk into a store and easily buy a PS5.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
hinch said:

Yeah not expecting much from a 20 minute presentation for updates on already announced third party games. Really want to see some more of FFXVI but I doubt we'll get that (probably will be shown at TGS).

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
hinch said:

Yeah not expecting much from a 20 minute presentation for updates on already announced third party games. Really want to see some more of FFXVI but I doubt we'll get that (probably will be shown at TGS).

I don't think SE was going to announce it at tgs anyway.

If the rumoured December event is true, it may be announced there.

TGS was last month. The FF16 director even said the game wouldn't show up there because they didn't want to get into a drip-feed model of info. Could it show up here? maybe... maybe not. 

Also, based on previous SoP's this year that have been the same length, we can expect at least 10 games being shown. Updates for most of them, and I'm sure 2 new reveals.

DonFerrari said:
Dulfite said:

You mean the profit when you put together the Handheld and consoles? If you think N64, GC and WiiU were sucessfull consoles ok them.

That's how they worked for years. Two platforms, so if one failed the other could still succeed enough to overcompensate for the failure of the one. What they are doing now is riskier, yet in all those years and still now they made profit. At the end of the day, that is all that matters. Nintendo doesn't spend nearly as much money on things as competitors, so they don't have to sell as much to generate profit. 

DonFerrari said:
Dulfite said:

So you only saw that there was a SoP scheduled and already came to conclusions? Nope, you mocked that we need to wait for years and that you couldn`t, in a very condescendent tone.

It's very, very hard to accurately read tone of voice on printed words, especially from voices you don't engage with regularly. I assure you I was not being condescending. I have a general frustration within the industry as a whole, but admitting that isn't insulting anyone or being rude. I genuinely wish all companies would announce games much closer to launch than they do so that we can all have a better and less frustrating experience waiting for the games we expect.

twintail said:

TGS was last month. The FF16 director even said the game wouldn't show up there because they didn't want to get into a drip-feed model of info. Could it show up here? maybe... maybe not. 

Also, based on previous SoP's this year that have been the same length, we can expect at least 10 games being shown. Updates for most of them, and I'm sure 2 new reveals.

Ah didn't even realize I missed it lol. Would be a nice surprise, though its sounding unlikely. And that's fair, I guess they don't want a repeat of what happened with FFXV.

Will keep my expectations in check on the new announcements since we've seen a lot from the past few months. Maybe some new DLC's or something and possibly a smaller announcement.

hinch said:
twintail said:

Ah didn't even realize I missed it lol. Would be a nice surprise, though its sounding unlikely. And that's fair, I guess they don't want a repeat of what happened with FFXV.

Will keep my expectations in check on the new announcements since we've seen a lot from the past few months. Maybe some new DLC's or something and possibly a smaller announcement.

Oh yeah... Maybe Spiderman dlc for avengers??