By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event - Sign Up Thread

mZuzek said:
Hynad said:

Fine. I’ll join in.

Such excitement!

Let’s be honest. Can’t say there’s been a whole lot of exciting or interesting things going on here for the last few years…

Around the Network

Question. This rule:

• Game collections are also not allowed.
• This means you can't list something like Mass Effect Legendary Edition, and instead should list each of the games in it separately.

How does Halo The Master Chief Collection fit here? It's a collection but has improved and added tons to the original games making it an unique experience. I'm tempted to just put that as my Halo pick.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

I am tired of spamming mentions, but more people need to sign up to avoid this being the event with the lowest number of participants.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I'm done. Sent the list, so it's set in stone now for me. Some pre-start stats, because stats are cool ;

• Number of new or returning games: 9 titles.
  • Unchanged compared to last year: 13 titles.
  • Highest placed dropped game from last year: Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, Nintendo 64, 1997, #33 (2020)
  • Number of Franchises in List: 32 franchises.
  • Number of Genres in List: 18 genres.

I'll jump in, if it's not too late. Probably just post everything at once though as I'll forget otherwise.

Around the Network
Metallox said:

I'm in. Not sure if I can count more than 30, though.

The next number is 31. Does that help?

Last edited by Jaicee - on 08 November 2021

Mnementh said:
Chazore said:

I forgot how this works @Mnementh lol

No problem:

step 1: sign up here
step 2: think of the games you love the most
step 3: pick 50 of them
step 4: order them into a list from #1 to #50
step 5: send this list via private message to mZuzek
step 6 (optional): reveal in the official thread each day one game until you reach #1 on december 31st (you can post multiple games a day if you miss days or even your whole list at once if you wish)
step 7 (optional): discuss the list of others in the discussion thread
step 8 (optional): criticize the merged list of all participants that mZuzek compiles (usual complaint: too much Nintendo in the TOP 100)

In the first posts mZuzek has that at more detail. Also you can click on the links to the past years to look up how this worked.

Here's another method:

Step 1: Say you want to participate.
Step 2: Think of fake games and stuff that never got released.
Step 3: Pick 27 of them.
Step 4: Order them into a list starting with 6 and ending with 34, skipping numbers 18 and 25.
Step 5: Withhold this list until December 30th, then send it to a random user and tell them to share it with the raccoon.
Step 6: Never post in the official thread.
Step 7: Get people to guess your selections in the discussion thread and never disclose the answers.
Step 8: Criticize the merged list of all participants that mZuzek compiles for excluding your favorites.

Last edited by Jaicee - on 08 November 2021

I can't submit a list until Wednesday but if it's not too late, I'll join.

VersusEvil said:

Yeah... I tried putting together a top 50 but honestly just can't. So I'll skip this year again.

Just don't overthink it.

mZuzek said:

Alright, time to go fishing.

Jaicee said:

Here's another method:

Step 1: Say you want to participate.
Step 2: Think of fake games and stuff that never got released.
Step 3: Pick 27 of them.
Step 4: Order them into a list starting with 6 and ending with 32.
Step 5: Withhold this list until December 30th, then send it to a random user and tell them to share it with the raccoon.
Step 6: Never post in the official thread.
Step 7: Get people to guess your selections in the discussion thread and never disclose the answers.
Step 8: Criticize the merged list of all participants that mZuzek compiles for excluding your favorites.

This is not quite how it should ideally go. Is this because of my raccoonness coming back?

The two things could be related. I'm just glad you're eating fish and not cats.