By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Pokemon Company Has Clarified That Pokemon Legends: Arceus is Not a Open World Game (More Monster Hunter)

"In Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Jubilife Village will serve as the base for surveying missions. After receiving an assignment or a request and preparing for their next excursion, players will set out from the village to study one of the various open areas of the Hisui region. After they finish the survey work, players will need to return once more to prepare for their next task. We look forward to sharing more information about exploring the Hisui region soon."

https://kotaku.com/pokemon-legends-arceus-is-clearly-not-going-to-be-open-1847817836

Kotaku has written a piece about how they believed that Pokemon Legends is not actually an Open world game (aka BOTW) but actually a Monster Hunter type of game. Take a read of the article is you are interested in how they came to this determination. But they got a comment from the Pokemon Company that basically confirms that Pokemon Legend is not exactly the open world experience many were expecting it to be, but more a Monster Hunter style of a game. The trailers they have done so far have been trying to give off major BOTW vibes so I do question a little about misleading marketing.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Around the Network

If it's not fully openworld.... those graphics are even less forgivable. I hope it turns out well but my hopes aren't the highest for it, I don't trust gamefreak.

Calling it, it's going to be like as linear as every other Pokémon game before it.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I really want to feel excited about this game but I don’t feel anything. I’m just not interested, and that makes me feel a bit sad. Game Freak has one of the most valuable IPs in the world and they have no idea how to handle it - it’s simply too big for them now.

I'm not interested regardless of being open world or not

Around the Network

THat is nice, I always liked that Pokemon remained compact in level design. If is anything like the design of the Crown Tundra or the Isle of Armor, then Legends should be pretty good on that front.

That may be a good thing. One of my primary worries was that the "open world" looked kind of empty and there didn't seem to be much to do, but if the game is more focused like Monster Hunter, that may alleviate some of those issues. I'm still very interested to see more from this game.

Well that sucks, unless they have aspects to make up for it.

I think it looks great. I like the art style.

Every trailer for this game looks worse and worse and worse. The last trailer that showed of the ancient Scyther looked horrible.