By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Dread Review Thread: MetaCritic 88

Can't wait for this to sell 2 million lifetime and everyone goes home disappointed haha. But seriously hopefully Metroid finally starts getting the sales love it deserves. $60 2D Metroid is gonna be tough though. I personally don't plan on buying it unless it drops to $30, if I even care about it at that point (in however many years). Would love to see this break the Metroid sales record though and pass 3 million. Switch effect needs to be in full force for Dread! If this can break Metroid sales record then you just know MP4 is gonna crush!

Around the Network

Cannot wait to pick it up. Love me some more Metroid. If its anything like Fusion, i will enjoy it.

Very Promising, 88 for a 2D game is extremely high. I'm interested to see how well this sells because if a full priced 2D game can sell say 3 million then how much better could Metroid Prime 4 sell? Hopefully the "Switch effect" does wonders for this amazing series.

Hmm. Scoring higher than I expected, that's good.

youngbr said:

I will play the game, but we know this game gets extra points because it is a Nintendo game, it is probably a 82-83 game if the reviewers were honest which is still a solid score.

Famitsu 34/40 being honest at least.

How can you know that a game is getting extra points?  By its very nature, review scores are subjective and there's no way you can know that the reviewer's enjoyment isn't what they claim. 

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
youngbr said:

I will play the game, but we know this game gets extra points because it is a Nintendo game, it is probably a 82-83 game if the reviewers were honest which is still a solid score.

Famitsu 34/40 being honest at least.

How can you know that a game is getting extra points?  By its very nature, review scores are subjective and there's no way you can know that the reviewer's enjoyment isn't what they claim. 

Not only that, but he hasn’t even played the game before claiming that. So how can he know the game is deserving of praise or not?

It’s him who is knocking points from the score and questioning reviewers based on his own anti-Nintendo bias