By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Dread Review Thread: MetaCritic 88

Looking good so far. I’m not sure what Famitsu’s history is with reviewing 2D Metroid games, but I know that in general the Japanese audience has never embraced the titles, so without reading their review I’m going to make a bit of deduction that that might have something to do with it.

I can’t wait to see all of our reviews after we have played the game. Here’s to a better post-launch legacy than Other:M.

Around the Network

88 on OpenCritic too

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

My prediction abilities have improved, I posted 88 for Metroid Dread in the Prediction League thread. Very happy with how this game is turning out so far. Can't wait to play it myself!

Signature goes here!

I will play the game, but we know this game gets extra points because it is a Nintendo game, it is probably a 82-83 game if the reviewers were honest which is still a solid score.

Famitsu 34/40 being honest at least.

Wikipedia links instead of links to the actual reviews?!

Why?

Around the Network
youngbr said:

I will play the game, but we know this game gets extra points because it is a Nintendo game, it is probably a 82-83 game if the reviewers were honest which is still a solid score.

All game reviews are based on the individual reviews opinion.  Nintendo games get ranked higher because they are just more fun to play than most games.  I've played games that got perfect 10's that I didn't enjoy like Metal Gear Solid 5 and I don't think the game was overrated and just because I didn't enjoy it doesn't mean it isn't fantastic game to someone else.

youngbr said:

Famitsu gave Sonic Forces a 35. Having played both games, high 80's is also where I'd place Dread. Sonic Forces isn't even a 30 on Famitsu's scale. 

Looks great. A bit disappointed that it's not 90, but whatever.

Remember when I said Metroid Dread was gonna score 88 in Metacritic?

See, I did say that. 

Jpcc86 said:

Remember when I said Metroid Dread was gonna score 88 in Metacritic?

See, I did say that. 

It will drop to 87. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.