By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak expansion coming Summer 2022

https://nintendoeverything.com/monster-hunter-rise-sunbreak-dlc-expansion-announced/

Man I was so hoping for this! MH Rise is getting an Iceborne style expansion, with new monsters, locales, and "hunter actions".

Can't wait!

Around the Network

FINALLY.

I honestly felt very underwhelmed with MHRise, and it seemed that MHS2 was getting all the CAPCOM love. It was about time this game got its expansion, im so looking forward to this.
Hype.

Looks great.

Jpcc86 said:

FINALLY.

I honestly felt very underwhelmed with MHRise, and it seemed that MHS2 was getting all the CAPCOM love. It was about time this game got its expansion, im so looking forward to this.
Hype.

Yeah I was so jealous that Stories 2 seemed to be getting all the love while post-launch support for Rise seemed to dry up after May haha.

So glad they had his cooking the whole time. While I still found MH Rise in its base form to be awesome and have plenty of content, more is always welcome for the kind of game this is, which is designed to be played for hundreds of hours.

Not going to lie, when I saw a dragon, and the Capcom logo, part of me was expecting a new Breath of Fire...

Around the Network
Kyuu said:

Which model would you like better for the series's future?

1. One unified Monster Hunter (PS5, Series XS, PC, Switch 2).

Pros: Shorter waits for single console owners.
Cons: Switch 2 supposedly holding it back.

2. Two seperate Monster Hunter series (PS5, XS, PC vs Switch/PC)

Pros: More tailored experiences that push the lead platform closer to their limit.
Cons: Much longer waits for single console owners.

I predicted a two "main" series pattern when World was announced, but improved hardware scalability and DLSS are starting to make think again.

I'm expecting the current approach of having two separate "lines", one for Nintendo and one on PS/Xbox, will continue, and I'm fine with that. I prefer the more tailored experience and I'm fine with long waits as the MH games are the sort of thing I need long breaks in between to not get tired of since I sink hundreds of hours into each one.

Kyuu said:

Which model would you like better for the series's future?

1. One unified Monster Hunter (PS5, Series XS, PC, Switch 2).

Pros: Shorter waits for single console owners.
Cons: Switch 2 supposedly holding it back.

2. Two seperate Monster Hunter series (PS5, XS, PC vs Switch/PC)

Pros: More tailored experiences that push the lead platform closer to their limit.
Cons: Much longer waits for single console owners.

I predicted a two "main" series pattern when World was announced, but improved hardware scalability and DLSS are starting to make think again.

Separated lines unless Switch is much closer in raw power to PS5 than PS4 (which I don't think it's going to be true as I predict Switch 2 to be slightly stronger than Steam Deck)

An with Steam Deck even PC gamers could enjoy the nice sides of portability from Nintendo-line. I think this is the best route

Rise sold 7.5 million, will likely sell more.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

New trailer!