By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Direct (9/23/2021 / 3 p.m. PT )

rapsuperstar31 said:

I let my Nintendo online lapse recently, depending on the pricing I may jump back in 6 or so months down the road after they've added more games. I was surprised they showed Banjo as a coming soon game, Microsoft must be playing nice again. I remember being intrigued by Winback back in the day, but never ended up playing it.

I was shocked too.  I wonder if they will be able to get Goldeneye on this platform as well.  As far as I know, Activision, Microsoft and Nintendo all hold the rights to it.  I have always said that if Nintendo ever wants to recreate the N64 experience whether through the N64 mini or otherwise, getting all of the popular Rare games onto the platform/service is going to be essential and Goldeneye 64 was at the top of that list.

Around the Network
rapsuperstar31 said:
hinch said:

I think we have a challenger for the worst video games movie ever only next to the 1993's Super Mario Bros. xD

Isn't it an animated movie?  They should be fine for voice work. 

Ah yeah thought it was live action for some reason lol. But even then some of the choices.. Yeesh, can feel the cheese already.

3D Kirby looked great. Was hoping for a more collectathon style, but this may make more sense for Kirby.

Bayonetta 3 looks good. But the trailer made me kind a little bummed out that it wasn't Astral Chain 2. Don't get me wrong, I like Bayonetta better than Astral Chain, but I already new Bayo 3 was coming, whereas the future of Astral Chain is a bit less clear, and it'd be nice to know that it's going to keep going.

N64 games and Genesis games are great. But... charging for them kind of sucks considering that for months we've gotten nothing worthwhile from SNES and NES. We'll see what the price is.

Splatoon 3 looks great.

Mario movie announcement didn't excite me. Not a huge fan of Illumination. Nothing against celebrities but having an all celebrity cast makes me feel like this is going to be very Shrekky with lots of wink wink nudge nudge comedy, which really isn't what I'd want. It can work out (see Lego Movie), but meh.

Kind of wish they said beforehand that there would be no Smash character reveal in this presentation so I didn't have to get my hype up. The fact that they're building it up further makes me hopeful that the character is someone they feel fans are going to be really happy with. No guarantee of that cause Nintendo, but I feel like we're not going to get something like Byleth.

The rest is fine. Probably will pick up Castlevania Advance. KOTOR was really surprising to me considering PS5 is getting a full on remake.

Overall 7/10ish direct.

really good for the online and great to know they are investing in the Mario movie

they could at least mention Pokemon, even for the sake of it

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

dark_gh0st_b0y said:

really good for the online and great to know they are investing in the Mario movie

they could at least mention Pokemon, even for the sake of it

Pokemon Company has a lot of say over how and when to show off Pokemon projects, and they tend to like to do it at their own events.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

Mario movie announcement didn't excite me. Not a huge fan of Illumination. Nothing against celebrities but having an all celebrity cast makes me feel like this is going to be very Shrekky with lots of wink wink nudge nudge comedy, which really isn't what I'd want. It can work out (see Lego Movie), but meh.

I know exactly what you mean, please no :/
fingers crossed the won't go that direction, I'd love some dark epic Bowser's Fury style

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Thanks for mentioning Donkey Kong on his 40th birthday, Nintendo.  :/

CaptainExplosion said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

Isn't it an animated movie?  They should be fine for voice work. 

But Jack Black as Bowser makes no sense. That's like asking Clancy Brown to play Kirby.

That's exactly what people thought when he was voicing Po in Kung Fu Panda, and just look how that turned out.

I mean, having actual big time actors do VA for a movie is always the logical move to make if you want to sell your movie, and depending on who you pick to voice the characters, it can REALLY work. I was one of the people who was super hyped and excited when I saw that Idris Elba was voicing Knuckles.

Jack Black as Bowser COULD work. If Jim Carrey made it work as Eggman, Jack Black is just as capable as doing it with Bowser. Especially if it's a more comedic Bowser like in the RPGs.
...But fucking Chris Pratt as Mario??? Really?? And I don't even hate Chris Pratt, I think he's a fine actor. But as Mario?!?
Why not just let Charles Martinet voice the role and have Chris Pratt be another supporting character similar to like they did with James Marsden for the Sonic movie.
And Seth Rogan as DK? WTF is that all about?!?

Catching up after a sound sleep night. Loved the Kirby reveal, something new to look forward to next year.

EDIT: Still think it is too early for Splatoon 3, should have been a Switch 2 launch title.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 24 September 2021

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"