By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS planning big takeover,wants to take games away from Nintendo/Sony (Rumor)

A rumor: Several rumors and statements from industry insiders are said to suggest a studio takeover by Microsoft on the scale of Bethesda (ZeniMax). Microsoft pulled out 7.5 billion US dollars for this acquisition at the time. Exactly which studio it should be was not revealed. But it is said to be a "totally crazy takeover" and, like at Bethesda back then, one should be surprised. Bad for Sony and Nintendo-Fans, if this true.

I think it's unbelievable when such a rich corporation buys everything - I don't like this US policy. that's sad in my opinion :( How do you like acquisitions like this? Is that okay or terrible for us? Microsoft wants to build a monopoly on gaming studios, i think -.-

Even if studios have never partnered with Microsoft or have stronger profits on PlayStation/Switch, an acquisition is possible. For me it's a matter of principle. Share your opinion and thoughts on the topic, I'm curious. Calls to boycott Microsoft(-Games) are being heard in some Internet forums. Are you in? Any opinion is welcome - but please have a friendly discussion with anothers.

gamezs

https://gamerant.com/new-microsoft-xbox-game-studios-acquisition-rumors-bethesda/

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 20 September 2021

Around the Network

If they buy Square I have no option but become a PC gamer

As for they buying other companies, I don't care. Capitalism is predatory in essence and companies are entitled to buy and sell whatever they want, I won't lose my sleep over it 

For availability of games, I see Xbox buy exclusives as no different as other companies creating their own exclusive IPs. In the end of the day they are forcing me to buy their hardware to play games, something I dispise. Yes I despise both Sony and Nintendo, even though I buy their hardware. For MS I simply don't care for them, now I will despise them too it's just that 

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 18 September 2021

im not a simp, so i dont care

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Someone told me that all acquisitions are the same...

I can totally understand why acquisitions are necessary and can even be healthy for the industry when smaller studios get funded to grow and work on more ambitious projects like Ninja Theory (they almost went bankrupt at one point) but I think major acquisitions like the rumored one can only harm the customers.

You reap what you sow at the end of the day.

You don't like it, but if the shoe was on the other foot you'd be claiming this is "made in heaven" or something ridiculous along those lines.

For years MS has had nothing much outside of IP's it had previously bought from studios or the studios themselves, and for years it has had to live with the "Xbox has no games" rhetoric. Now it doesn't have to, because now MS can just buy whatever it pleases, and there's not much to stop them either.

Welcome to Capitalism, enjoy your stay.

Last edited by Chazore - on 18 September 2021

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:

You reap what you sow at the end of the day.

You don't like it, but if the shoe was on the other foot you'd be claiming this is "made in heaven" or something ridiculous along those lines.

For years MS has had nothing much outside of IP's it had previously bought from studios or the studios themselves, and for years it has had to live with the "Xbox has no games" rhetoric. Now it doesn't have to, because now MS can just buy whatever it pleases, and there's not much to stop them either.

Welcome to Capitalism, enjoy your stay.

Add in the fact their direct competition seems to be doing exclusive deals left right and center. Microsoft is just doing the step that makes sense to them. 

Last edited by Acevil - on 18 September 2021

I own a PC so this kind of acquisition wouldnt rly affect me but I do agree with you that I'm not a fan. What Xbox has done so far is fine imo as someone like Bethesda was always tied to them sorta but if they acquire a Square or Sega that would just fuckin suck for the core audiences of those studios. Most of their acquisitions have seemingly been to help out smaller studios and closely tied studios which is good, but as for partnerships with giant companies I much prefer just working with said studios to get exclusives as opposed to completely taking them over

There's no hardcore evidence that suggests another huge acquisition. This is beyond hyperbolic lol, and title is odd considering Sony has been cutting deals left and right lately to keep games off xbox.

Acevil said:

Add in the fact their direct competition seems to be doing exclusive deals left right and center. Microsoft is just doing to the step that makes sense to them. 

Exactly, I mean what are they supposed to do?, sit and do nothing?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

The Neglected Xbox

https://youtu.be/gjfPwhvEl10