By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware August 28-September 4 - Xbox Series X|S Sales Top 7 Million

Interested to see where the Series X/S ends up at the end of the year. It could end up having a better year sales wise than any of the Xbox One years.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

Interested to see where the Series X/S ends up at the end of the year. It could end up having a better year sales wise than any of the Xbox One years.

At this point I'd say that's in the bag unless the holiday is really underwhelming due to lack of stock.

jason1637 said:

I mean, what's Xbone's highest year? (I can't work out how to find the charts of how much each system sold each year, can anyone advise?)

NS a little up, PS5 a little down. XS stable and a minor milestone reached.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

curl-6 said:
jason1637 said:

I mean, what's Xbone's highest year? (I can't work out how to find the charts of how much each system sold each year, can anyone advise?)

VGC has it at 8.45m in 2015.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
curl-6 said:

And through August 2015, XB1 had sold just under 3M so far that year.  So the XBS is tracking nearly 1M ahead already this year.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

yo33331 said:

for XBOX Series, you have to look at 360 years not XB1 years.. I've even made a thread where on of the comparisons is exactly series S/X vs 360'09 year, where it sold 10.3M.
https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/244504/ultimate-console-showdown-2021-september-4th-ps5-vs-nsw-nsw-vs-nds-xbsx-vs-x360/

A lot has changed since the 360 days, Xbox Series more closely related to its immediate predecessor. Both can be compared of course but Xbone is the closer point of comparison, much like PS5 is closer to the PS4 than the PS3.

jason1637 said:
curl-6 said:

Alrighty; XS should have multiple years well above that unless something goes horribly wrong.

yo33331 said:
curl-6 said:

A lot has changed since the 360 days, Xbox Series more closely related to its immediate predecessor. Both can be compared of course but Xbone is the closer point of comparison, much like PS5 is closer to the PS4 than the PS3.

I agree, however there is no connection between the path of PS5 to it's predecessors and the XB series to it's predecessors. I mean obviously the PS3 was not so successful as it was the PS4, but the 360 was the most successful xbox console to date.

And PS5 will probably match PS4 sales or close to them.

But Xbox Series has the chance to reach 360 levels or at least to be close overall.

But it will be far ahead of the Xbox one for sure.

It's first years is on the way to beat the 4th full year on the market of the 360.

So no, even at this point, 360 is more close in term of month and year sales than it is xbox one.

For the future we will see, but I thing the Series will make number more close to 360 than the one.

It's a bit too early say really, Xbox One charted ahead of 360 at first but ended up falling far behind. I mean, I agree Xbox Series will likely sell more than Xbone but at this point I definitely feel like XS has more in common with its 8th gen predecessor than with 360.

yo33331 said:
curl-6 said:

It's a bit too early say really, Xbox One charted ahead of 360 at first but ended up falling far behind. I mean, I agree Xbox Series will likely sell more than Xbone but at this point I definitely feel like XS has more in common with its 8th gen predecessor than with 360.

That's the thing. From it's first full year the thing are going that it will beat or reach very close to 360's 4th full year on the market, which xbox one hasn't achieved ever. Let's just hope there will be enough of a supply for the holidays .. I can see the Series get to 360's peak year numbers, when it peaks 2-3 years from now.

The thing about the 360 though was it's success didn't come so much from big peaks but from very long legs; it had an abnormally long 8 years before it was replaced and it got a second wind in its later life thanks for Kinect. XS may not get either of those benefits.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 21 September 2021

curl-6 said:
yo33331 said:

That's the thing. From it's first full year the thing are going that it will beat or reach very close to 360's 4th full year on the market, which xbox one hasn't achieved ever. Let's just hope there will be enough of a supply for the holidays .. I can see the Series get to 360's peak year numbers, when it peaks 2-3 years from now.

The thing about the 360 though was it's success didn't come so much from big peaks but from very long legs; it had an abnormally long 8 years before it was replaced and it got a second wind in its later life thanks for Kinect. XS may not get either of those benefits.

That's why I don't see XBS outselling the X360. Though it will definitely have a higher peak.