By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Potential leaked list of PlayStation first-party games coming to PC

Ubisoft has apparently issued a DMCA on the list, source.

This is a dumb move for several reasons, for one the list is still available on archive sites, this just brings more attention to the list and gives credence to it. Also, DMCA is used for copyright, names are protected by trademarks, so Ubisoft might have committed perjury.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:

I call BS.
We are going from a handful of games that were our for years to stuff like Returnal, Ratchet, and Demon souls that hasn't even been out for a year.
Oh and Forbidden west, and Gran T7. Which haven't even come out yet.

That is fanboy hope and dreams.

You DO know that sony recently acquired a studio that specializes in making PC ports, right? I mean, this rumour isn't without a strong baseline. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Very non-credible rumor. The pace at wich the PS games are going to PC is very slow and several years after release, this list would have a lot of titles showing very close one to the other.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I don't believe all these Sony games are going to magically all take several years until they are ported though, because that would be a super slow and foolhardy plan.

Imagine trying to drip feed a new market you want to make use of so hard, and then realise you're acting far slower than your competitor.

I would also say it's not "non credible", because I've seen fanboys like Jaytechtv spout shit where Horizon wouldn't end up on PC, yet it did, same with Days Gone, and that ended up on PC as well. Don't say it now, say it in 10-20 years when actual time has passed to say it safely with an absolute guarantee, because saying "it's not true, thus it won't happen" and then it happening, just means someone is going to be eating copious amounts of crow.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Would be mad annoyed if Returnal goes to PC within 1 year. I would have happily waited for that version. :/

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Chazore said:

I don't believe all these Sony games are going to magically all take several years until they are ported though, because that would be a super slow and foolhardy plan.

Imagine trying to drip feed a new market you want to make use of so hard, and then realise you're acting far slower than your competitor.

I would also say it's not "non credible", because I've seen fanboys like Jaytechtv spout shit where Horizon wouldn't end up on PC, yet it did, same with Days Gone, and that ended up on PC as well. Don't say it now, say it in 10-20 years when actual time has passed to say it safely with an absolute guarantee, because saying "it's not true, thus it won't happen" and then it happening, just means someone is going to be eating copious amounts of crow.

Well, you are free to believe they will put day one ports of GT7 and the like =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I kinda think this makes sense. This is a new Sony. Money is money and PC is ripe for the picking in terms of Sony 1st party software sales. And of course there's a copious amount of precedent. I don't think they'll be day and date but games are becoming much more expensive. Maximizing profit off games that could cost upwards of 200M for Sony to develop is their top priority.

Yes, there are Bayonetta 3 and Mario on this list, but there was also Actraiser Renaissance on it before the announcement. This leak contains games that are real. This however doesn't mean they're coming to PC. This could have been a very easy way to test games for Sony, Nintendo and Platinum during Covid/lockdowns.

I don't think the games on the list mean they're sure fire PC releases but I'd imagine Sony wants to use PC as another way to bolster their sales and line their pockets.

DonFerrari said:

Well, you are free to believe they will put day one ports of GT7 and the like =p

It stops becoming a question of "if", but "when", with this new strategy of theirs. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Ljink96 said:

I don't think the games on the list mean they're sure fire PC releases but I'd imagine Sony wants to use PC as another way to bolster their sales and line their pockets.

But to do that, they're going to have to release said games at some point, not a decade or more after the gen is over each time they want to line their pockets.

They are slow, just like MS was multiple times they tried to get back into PC gaming, and now they are day and date. I imagine Sony will eventually reach that point in time as well (because drip feeding for decades upon decades sounds like a really retarded business idea to make money, when you could naturally improve like MS has and make money from both platforms near enough at the same time, instead of years and years later for a given amount of time). 

Chazore said:
Ljink96 said:

But to do that, they're going to have to release said games at some point, not a decade or more after the gen is over each time they want to line their pockets.

They are slow, just like MS was multiple times they tried to get back into PC gaming, and now they are day and date. I imagine Sony will eventually reach that point in time as well (because drip feeding for decades upon decades sounds like a really retarded business idea to make money, when you could naturally improve like MS has and make money from both platforms near enough at the same time, instead of years and years later for a given amount of time). 

Yeah I think they'll start getting them out faster. The trick is finding the right time to release the games on PC after the bulk of sales have been made on PS4/PS5. Still thinking it'll still be at least a year or two though before PC ports. I feel Sony knows there are users who will buy the game on PlayStation and will buy it on PC as well if released later on and that nets them more in these cases than if everyone had choice earlier on between dedicated hardware and PC. 

That being said, I agree that Sony will eventually come around to day and date releases. Maybe new leadership changes recently are pointing to a more aggressive release strategy for Sony.

Nice sig btw, Jigen is the goat. 

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 24 September 2021