By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Potential leaked list of PlayStation first-party games coming to PC

DonFerrari said:

Sure thing, and that didn`t happen from one day to the other.

Yeah, not in the literal sense, but also not in decades or however long some fans think it is going to take.

Also, like Pi-Guy stated, Sony hired a porting studio, so it's not exactly going to take years and years and years to port over said games.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
DonFerrari said:

Sure thing, and that didn`t happen from one day to the other.

Yeah, not in the literal sense, but also not in decades or however long some fans think it is going to take.

Also, like Pi-Guy stated, Sony hired a porting studio, so it's not exactly going to take years and years and years to port over said games.

I`ll stand by what I said. They still have plenty of laureated titles from PS4 that they will port before even going PS5, and when they start doing PS5 it will certainly be like 2 or more years after they released on PS5. The additional sales in PC so far doesn`t even come near overshoting what they would lose on PS as a whole if they done day one ports. If that is to happen it will be after PS6.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

zero129 said:
DonFerrari said:

If we go by official information. Yes Sony is looking to have more games on PC, but also said several times they still believe in first party and exclusive content for PS5. So most likely any game made by Sony will take several years to hit PC, going at a time it doesn't impact the sales of PS5 and of SW on PS5.

Was it really 7 years since Days Gone and Horizon Zero Dawn went from PS4 to PC?. Id love to know where you are getting your 7 years from..

Did you misread several with 7?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

A lot of us predicted this. The industry is going this way. Put your software on more devices and offer services anywhere possible. Eventually it will be day and date just like it is on Xbox. Maybe they'll even start offering them on Now just like GamePass. They bought that studio that specializes in PC ports for good reason.

DonFerrari said:

I`ll stand by what I said. They still have plenty of laureated titles from PS4 that they will port before even going PS5, and when they start doing PS5 it will certainly be like 2 or more years after they released on PS5. The additional sales in PC so far doesn`t even come near overshoting what they would lose on PS as a whole if they done day one ports. If that is to happen it will be after PS6.

No idea why you would tbh, because it doesn't appear to be under the guise of what the company is actually trying to do currently. 

Either way, they are going to ramp up with time (no, not seven years or 2 decades, because no company is that slow), and improve their PC porting speed and see the money being there like MS does. 

The additional money MS is getting is what has Sony going back to PC, if it wasn't worth a pittance (as you're amounting it), then Sony could just continue staying in lala land and ignore PC, but they aren't, because they see that there is money to be made.

I don't think you or that other user like the idea of same day release, let alone a few months later, because you've been going rather back and forth on what I said was most logical and made the most sense vs "oh it's a platform that makes only small profits compared to my platform, and it makes perfect sense to drip feed in the same static pattern for years on end for no reason at all" (which is exactly what you make that logic sound like).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

A lot of us predicted this. The industry is going this way. Put your software on more devices and offer services anywhere possible. Eventually it will be day and date just like it is on Xbox. Maybe they'll even start offering them on Now just like GamePass. They bought that studio that specializes in PC ports for good reason.

Yes but you're forgetting that we have some business savvy experienced users on here, that say drip feeding and keeping PC ports years and years and years apart makes for the better business plan, so putting them on Now "wouldn't" make any logical sense.

Sony has no problem to port games to PC if it's worth it, but some of those games are typical console stuff that wouldn't do remarkably well on PC, others could do well on PC, but they are system sellers for PS, so I could see only a few of them on PC, and only when their lifecycle on PS is concluded (Uncharted and maybe Demon's Souls, for example), but GT and God of War, well, I think it's quite unlikely to see them on PC, except old versions on emulators.
Maybe in the longer term, if Sony console business model will radically change, but I see it a lot easier that Sony eventually copy Ninty's strategy of releasing a limited range of titles in its strategic library outside of its consoles to attract more new users willing to play full fledged titles.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

After God of War and Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves being announced, looks like Sackboy: A Big Adventure might be next. That would mark 3 more off of this list lol https://www.gamesradar.com/sackboy-a-big-adventure-pc-version-could-be-on-the-way-according-to-steam-discovery/

Anyone starting to buy the legitimacy of this list?

Bandorr said:
gtotheunit91 said:

After God of War and Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves being announced, looks like Sackboy: A Big Adventure might be next. That would mark 3 more off of this list lol https://www.gamesradar.com/sackboy-a-big-adventure-pc-version-could-be-on-the-way-according-to-steam-discovery/

Anyone starting to buy the legitimacy of this list?

No, not really. It is just a list of games. It has no date for them.

Go up to someone and say "I bet aliens are real".  You will never be able to prove aliens aren't real. You may eventually be able to prove they are real.

Fill a list with a lot of game names.  You will never be able to prove the games that are aren't there "won't" come to PC. So it is all gain with no loss.

It has Scalebound on it for example. A cancelled game.  They added it and didn't remove it because there is no reason to remove it.

I will admit it has some insight into games coming out. Stuff like Voice of cards, and Dungeon encounters. Also the GTA remakes.  But that just means they have good sources.

True, this list is the video game rumor theory leak gold lol. Like, Nvidia said the list was real, but not necessarily representative of games that are actually releasing lol. 

There's even rumors now that for the Steam Deck launch, Half-Life 2 was getting remastered, which that title was also part of the list. 

We'll just have to come back to the full list every few months to see what turned out to be true. 

People forget MS slowly released X1 games on PC than after they got traction, they started doing day one releases. I am getting the same vibe with Sonys strategy. Plus doesnt help them sell console games when there isnt enough consoles on the market.