By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Sales Comparison Charts August 2021 Discussion Thread

Nice to see Xbox Series continuing to build a good lead over it's predecessor, in spite of supply constraints.

Around the Network

These early years will be a breeze for XS; 360 took ages to gain traction and only really flourished in its mid to late life. XS will struggle to keep up then I expect.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 19 September 2021

The PS5 might stay behind the Wii for some time now, but it'll likely have better legs and overtake the Wii at the latest around month 56, maybe a year earlier if it has a bigger peak year than the PS4.

Are we still dealing with shortages?

Saw the first graph and was like, wtf?
Then I remembered the holidays.
We'll see a few more of those spickes.

Around the Network

Good to see you back posting regularly again, TrunksWD. I was concerned for you for a bit.
I hope you have or are recovering well from whatever was keeping you out of action for a while.

The Wii's time in the lead is coming to an end. Switch will overtake either this holiday or shortly after.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 24 September 2021

So Switch is now 8 months and nearly 12 million ahead of PS4.
And isn't this now aligned with PS4's peak year, 2017?

The switch went over the combined Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U sales. There, it is now officially successful.

Chicho said:

The switch went over the combined Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U sales. There, it is now officially successful.

Ah, this takes me back.

"Switch will sell on par with 3DS."

"They blew all their big games in its first year."

"Once all the hardcore Nintendo fans have on it will stop selling, and the Wii U shows there's only 13 million of those."