By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 36, 2021 - (30th August - 5th September)

Dat Breath of the Wild boost

The Switch's YoY advantage almost completely shattered

Around the Network

Animal Crossing is going to pass 7 million physical in Japan alone, within 2 years of release, which is just absolutely bonkers.

curl-6 said:

Momotaro, more like Monster-taro. The third party titan almost nobody saw coming. It's gonna sell over 3 million in a single country on a single platform, that's incredible.

This game is aiming for 5mil+ with a floor of 4.5mil. It should be near 3.5mil now with digital

Link_Nines.XBC said:

Might get reversed again next month after the OLED model releases. I wouldn't read too much into the current drop just yet.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Link_Nines.XBC said:

Might get reversed again next month after the OLED model releases. I wouldn't read too much into the current drop just yet.

That's what I'm hoping or #Team2021 is over.

Around the Network

The next month isn't going to be great for Switch as it moves through the looming shadow of the new model, but once the OLED hits, followed by SMTV and the Diamond/Pearl remakes in November, I expect Switch will sell as well in the last three months of the year as supply allows. There's still a global chip crunch so we may see supply being constrained, but if it's not above or on par with 2020 it should be close to it at the end of the day.