By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Hype For No More Heroes 3?

The game is releasing tomorrow but Ive not seen any talk about it on any forums.

Gaming sites arent providing coverage for it either and also to note no reviews yet the day before its release.

Im personally looking forward to this one as the first 2 games were great on Wii but it seems the series doesnt have the hype that it used to.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

gameplay demo for those intrested:

Doesnt really do anything for me.
I can understand the lack of hype tbh (doesnt look AAA quality, its running super low res, tons of aliasing)
(I think this will mostly appeal to people that already loved the series, and not do much to bring in new audience)

JRPGfan said:

I can understand the lack of hype tbh (doesnt look AAA quality, its running super low res, tons of aliasing)
(I think this will mostly appeal to people that already loved the series, and not do much to bring in new audience)

Suda games have never had the pretention to pretend being AAA games, no more heroes 3 is no where near being a AAA game (the wii games looked bad even for a wii game but were really fun to play).

the game is constant and smooth in battles and minigames but still struggles in some places in the open world. They fixed the framedrops there (open world) but emptiness, clipping and aliaising especially when riding the bike, are still persisting. yeah i guess that was a bit ambitious for them and maybe needed some couple of months to fix those things.

other than that; i see the combat and the scenario really well made.

Just read online that the review embargo list at midnight EST.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I'm looking forward to it. Just playing the waiting game...

Around the Network

I'm ging to pick it up today! I've been excited for it since it's been announced.

I'm playing through it now after picking it up this morning.

So far, it's exactly what I wanted; all the whacky charm and satisfying combat of the first two games, done bigger and better. It's still noticeably a budget title and won't win any GOTY awards, but unless it goes off the rails later on, I'd say if you enjoyed the first two games, you'll enjoy this too, and if you're new to the series, this is well worth a go.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 26 August 2021

Oh I am BEYOND HYPED@ I FUCKING LOVE SUDA and NMH!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I hope it does well sales wise.
Definitely getting it at a later point.

JRPGfan said:

Suda games are the video game equivalent of grindhouse films. No one expects AAA because they never are. They are rough performance wise but have so much style, personality and creativity while being very crass and crude.

Last edited by Leynos - on 26 August 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!