By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Best recent video game music (last 5 years)

Part 2 of my list (some of these games won't have very many songs as others have already posted some of my favorite from those games)

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Nier Automata

Horizon Zero Dawn

Team Sonic Racing

Streets of Rage 4

Around the Network

One recent game I forgot to include in my previous post is the FFVII remake. Just a perfect example of how to rearrange an existing score while staying true to the style and tone of the original. Easily my favourite video game score from last year.

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 27 August 2021

Im not really a music guy especially when it comes to video games but The Outer Wilds and Nier Automata really stood out to me

From the last 5 years, these are the games that stood out to me musically, with one track from each:

Monster Hunter Rise

Xenoblade 2

Astral Chain

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

God damn Mario.

Sayonara Wild Hearts

A handful of stand outs from games which I love most if not all of their music, maybe I'll do another post later.

River City Girls

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair also had a pretty groovy score

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

My favorite game of the 8th generation.

RECORE with a excellent soundtrack by Chad Seiter