By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite Persona game?

What's your favorite Persona game?

Revelations: Persona 10 2.75%

Persona 2: Innocent Sin 8 2.20%

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment 3 0.82%

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 44 12.09%

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 76 20.88%

Persona 5 190 52.20%

Persona 4 Arena 8 2.20%

One of the Persona Q games 6 1.65%

One of the Dancing spinoffs 11 3.02%

Persona 5 Strikers 8 2.20%

Total:364
Leynos said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

What exactly you dislike about P5 dungeons? I'm curious because for me they are flawless

Too long and you can't complete them in one go.

This.  For those that played past Persona games, either 3 or 4 you didn't have so many stop and start moments to get past a specific area.  Once you decided to do a dungeon or set of floors in either P3 or P4 you could push through them in one go.  I'd add that the game in general is too long for its own good, especially towards the end where it just felt like filler to prolong the game.  There weren't as many special or fun moments like in P4 either.  

I think P5 would have been noticeably better paced without Momentos at the very least.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network
LMU Uncle Alfred said:
Leynos said:

Too long and you can't complete them in one go.

This.  For those that played past Persona games, either 3 or 4 you didn't have so many stop and start moments to get past a specific area.  Once you decided to do a dungeon or set of floors in either P3 or P4 you could push through them in one go.  I'd add that the game in general is too long for its own good, especially towards the end where it just felt like filler to prolong the game.  There weren't as many special or fun moments like in P4 either.  

I think P5 would have been noticeably better paced without Momentos at the very least.

Exactly. Mementos sucks. I think they put it in there ti please past Persona fans of older dungeons but it just felt needed. I liked Strikers a lot since being action orented things go a lot faster. not claiming it to be a better game. Just the dungeons are nicer to me.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Persona 3 FES.

For 6, I'm hoping for a more open world game inside and outside of dungeons. Less, and faster load times. Expecting this to release on PS5/PS4. Would be nice if it released on PC as well though.

It's 5 for sure.

Bonus: If it can live up to 5 that would be more than enough. I expect it will be on PS5, but maybe also on Switch or it's follow up if they don't have an exclusive deal. Hell maybe even PC if we're lucky.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Fire Emblem Three Houses

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Wman1996 said:

I want to play 3, but I'm holding out hope for a PS4/PS5 port or remake.

I'm really expecting something either this year or next. Atlus are hyping up their anniversary announcements and they included both the male and female protagonists of P3 in the marketing material. I suppose it's possible it's another dancing spin off or something, but a port or remake is definitely a possibility, just seems like a logical move from a business perspective too.

It would make a lot of sense. 3 is pretty much the first modern Persona game. And as I said, the most modern thing to play it on right now is a PS3 or Vita. 

It would really be a smart business move to at least port it to PS4/PS5 (and possibly Windows or Switch). Or it would be smart to remake it.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Let me make it quite clear I have no favourites they are my family, but having said that Persona 4/G is the child that shows Daddy the most love and affection and will inherit the family fortune, now onto the bonus question, I'm most looking forward to Persona 6 showing the other children that following P4's* lead by showing me more affection than their mother is not only the way to my heart but leads to my Will, the second part of the bonus question regarding platforms is the Vita.

* denotes affectionate nickname.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I like Persona 4 and 5, but if I had to choose, it would be 5.

Out of the mainline games I've only played P4G so that.

Only played P4G and P5, love them both but P5 is better.