By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2021: Los Angeles Rams Win Super Bowl LVI

Who will win Super Bowl LVI?

Kansas City Chiefs 2 9.09%

Buffalo Bills 2 9.09%

Baltimore Ravens 0 0%

Cleveland Browns 1 4.55%

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7 31.82%

Green Bay Packers 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 3 13.64%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other (AFC) 3 13.64%

Other (NFC) 1 4.55%

Total:22

KC-LAC1LV-CLE2NE-IND1DAL-NYG1
HOU-JAX1TEN-PIT1NYJ-MIA2WAS-PHI2
ARI-DET1CAR-BUF2CIN-DEN2ATL-SF2
SEA-LAR2GB-BAL1NO-TB2MIN-CHI1

Around the Network

Jags have fired Meyer. What a shit show.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Yeah, Meyer is a walking dumpster fire.  Was this the fastest flameout of a high profile collegiate coach in the NFL?

I'm going to pick the Chargers to upset to the Chiefs on Thursday, the Raiders to upset the Browns on Saturday, and the Patriots to get that road win on Saturday night.

Mandalore76 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Yeah, Meyer is a walking dumpster fire.  Was this the fastest flameout of a high profile collegiate coach in the NFL?

I'm just amazed at how he thought he could go anywhere in Ohio and not think he'd have some kind of camera or eyes on him watching every move. He had already set flame to his respect in the locker room after hiring that former Iowa coach known for alleged racism against Black players. That incident in the restaurant with his not-wife tossed a grenade on top of the fire.

Around the Network
Mandalore76 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Maybe Bobby Petrino? He wasn’t fired, he actually quit, even after personally assuring the owner he would stay. And IIRC he told his players either via group text or a note he left on the locker room door. He really bitched out. 

Both of them were in bad spots. The Petrino year was the year Vick went down for killing dogs, and Meyer of course was coaching the Jaguars, a dumpster fire organization. 

I’ll go with my heart and pick the Chargers for tonight.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Mandalore76 said:

Maybe Bobby Petrino? He wasn’t fired, he actually quit, even after personally assuring the owner he would stay. And IIRC he told his players either via group text or a note he left on the locker room door. He really bitched out. 

Both of them were in bad spots. The Petrino year was the year Vick went down for killing dogs, and Meyer of course was coaching the Jaguars, a dumpster fire organization. 

Yeah, I was just reading up on that.  The Falcons were 3-10 when Petrino resigned.  So, they both lasted 13 games, with Petrino winning 1 more than Meyer and resigning as opposed to Meyer outright being fired.  Apparently, Falcons ownership even wanted Petrino to stay on though, with Petrino giving an assurance that was his intention the day before announcing his decision to go leave for the Arkansas job.  And, yes, reportedly he informed the players only by leaving a laminated card with a few sentences on it on each players locker.  Definitely a dick move on both counts.

I'll take the Chargers

KC-LAC1LV-CLE1NE-IND1DAL-NYG1
HOU-JAX1TEN-PIT1NYJ-MIA2WAS-PHI2
ARI-DET1CAR-BUF2CIN-DEN2ATL-SF2
SEA-LAR1GB-BAL1NO-TB2MIN-CHI2