By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Quiet man!! what idiot was in charge

Tagged games:

Kakadu18 said:
Dulfite said:

Wait, they already outdid Balan Wonderworld?

The Quiet Man is from 2018. It has a 28 metascore for the PS4 and a 40 metascore for the PC version. On Google it says 11% of the users liked it.

Balans lowest metascore is 36 for the Switch version and according to Google 17% of users liked it. 

They've had a garbage game almost every year, in 2019 it was Left Alive with a 37 metascore for the PS4 version.

At what point do we start marveling at them being able to so consistently make horrible games? At what point does it become hard to develop such consistenly bad games, so much that we appreciate the effort? It's like enjoying intentionally bad made movies. Maybe there is a market for that in video games lol.

Around the Network

Given your Avatar...try Left Alive next lol

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Dulfite said:
Kakadu18 said:

The Quiet Man is from 2018. It has a 28 metascore for the PS4 and a 40 metascore for the PC version. On Google it says 11% of the users liked it.

Balans lowest metascore is 36 for the Switch version and according to Google 17% of users liked it. 

They've had a garbage game almost every year, in 2019 it was Left Alive with a 37 metascore for the PS4 version.

At what point do we start marveling at them being able to so consistently make horrible games? At what point does it become hard to develop such consistenly bad games, so much that we appreciate the effort? It's like enjoying intentionally bad made movies. Maybe there is a market for that in video games lol.

At what point do people realize they don't actually develop all the games they publish?  Those two monstrosities included?  Just looked up Left Alive as well, developed by Ilinx.

Lube Me Up

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
Dulfite said:

At what point do people realize they don't actually develop all the games they publish?  Those two monstrosities included?  Just looked up Left Alive as well, developed by Ilinx.

So we don't blame publishers anymore? They have no creative control, make no directional decisions in the process of the game? 

Dulfite said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:

So we don't blame publishers anymore? They have no creative control, make no directional decisions in the process of the game? 

"At what point does it become hard to develop such consistenly bad games" Nah, I just take issue with these kinds of blanket statements since they didn't develop the game in house.  How much control they had over it creatively is unknown.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Kakadu18 said:

When they reach the point that they can no longer one up themselves by consistently developing bad games, that's when they'll call upon me and that means that Fighter Within will lose its title as metacritics lowest ranked game, plus I'm so confident that my games will come with a written guarantee to be unplayable or your money back.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 18 August 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I think there was a game glitch, where more enemies kept coming through the door. It didn't help that there was a piss poor camera not helping my field of vision. I was forced to lower the difficulty, atleast i think i did, since the menu has no words.. either way i managed to get through it.

Despite my hatred for that part of the game , surprisingly i still like the game overall and don't feel the game deserves the hate it got. It reminds me of the death stranding " walking simulator" bandwagon that many jumped on without actually playing through the whole game, or atleast far enough, and with an open mind. For an indie game, a beat em up brawler type game, i say it did some good things, The graphics were ok,nice at times, the actual fighting and combos/countering was actually well done, it was fluid, easy ,was well animated, It honestly felt like i was playing a martial art movie. The game doesn't tell you the controls, you figure it out yourself as you play. As for the story, there is no audio at firstm since you are suppsoed to feel like a deaf man. But that doesn't stop you from figuring out what is going on , and i understood what was happening even though i didn't hear anything. The actual movie scenes were acted well, it didn't feel cheap. At the end of the game, a major twist occurs, you also unlock the ability to play the game with sound on, and so the urge to play it back to hear the story line to make sense of the final twist. I wonder if most people got to the end, and if they did, would they still feel the same way about the game. Apparently it's a game that needs to be played several times to get the full experience, kind of reminds me what they did with nier. So my advice is to go in with an open mind.

Kakadu18 said:
Dulfite said:

At first, I thought this thread had to do with hating on my favorite movie of all time (a John Wayne film), and I was in shock. Then I realize it has nothing to do with that movie and everything to do with a game I've never heard of.

The Quiet Man is probably Square Enix's worst game ever.

did you make it to the end? 

KratosLives said:
Kakadu18 said:

The Quiet Man is probably Square Enix's worst game ever.

did you make it to the end? 

No, just basing on reviews and reception.