By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil Revelations Collection sells a million on Switch

Not sure if you noticed the recent update, but we now have a new third party million seller for the Switch. 

The Platinum Title update mentioned it. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

Epic.

Wished more 3rd partys would report all their million sellers. Wished they would also report sales per platform for said games.

The problem is they don't usually report per system. We'd know that say.....Skyrim Volleyball Edition Sells 3.25 million, but not how it breaks down per platform. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Revelations fully deserves good sales, even if it is only a remaster. Great game.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

If collection of two old ports can sell over a million, that bodes well for the likelihood that rumored new RE game for Switch is real. 

RE has a long history of good sales on Nintendo platforms, I reckon a new game could be a multiple million seller, provided it's well received. 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

If collection of two old ports can sell over a million, that bodes well for the likelihood that rumored new RE game for Switch is real. 

RE has a long history of good sales on Nintendo platforms, I reckon a new game could be a multiple million seller, provided it's well received. 

The RE on rails on Switch did ok too. 

Agente42 said:
curl-6 said:

The RE on rails on Switch did ok too. 

Yep; Umbrella Chronicles on Wii sold 1.3 million and RE4 on Wii sold 2 million.

Has there been a non-token RE release on a Nintendo console since Gamecube?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Has there been a non-token RE release on a Nintendo console since Gamecube?

Well, Revelations on the 3DS was in my eyes more than a token release. You could maybe count Umbrella Chronicles on Wii, but that is a on-rails shooter, which worked surprisingly well with the pointer capabilities of the Wii. But as on-rails is more niche, probably many aren't counting that.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

This is 2021, a million isn’t exactly that much anymore.

I’ll be impressed when it hits 100 billion sales.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.