By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I've got a Switch

Tagged games:

Speak your mind... by chosing a ridiculous poll answer.

Welcome to Switch! 23 41.82%

Aren't you a hater? 3 5.45%

B-B-BUT YOU CAN'T 1 1.82%

Knew you would surrender to Disgaea 6 5 9.09%

Whatever 5 9.09%

Now get a Series X 4 7.27%

Now get a PS5 1 1.82%

You can't play LoD on it tho 13 23.64%

Total:55
IcaroRibeiro said:

I guess the concern with video game prices here are less about taxes (although they are fairly high still) and more about how low are our wages

Games are mostly produced with north american, european and japanese workforce, their budgets are measured using the economy of their original countries, as such the prices are a reflection on their own markets purchasing power

I'm essentially paying for a wage of a worker who makes 5 to 6 times than me. The price of a game for an american (60 USD) is the price of maybe having lunch 2 or 3 times. 60 USD for a Brazilian worker can be easily enough budget for breakfast for 1 month, indeed I can feed myself of all food I need for 1 month with 110-120 USD (as long I cook at home)

I often fed myself living on 200 USD or 20,000 yen per month in the past. They weren't bad meals either. Buying just lunch for $20-$30 is ridiculous for one person. $60 could definitely cover my breakfast for a month, but maybe that is because I don't eat breakfast much :).

110-120 would be tough, but doable. Mostly because I am a weightlifter and eat a lot. Still, I think you underestimate the Brazilian currency/ overestimate other countries purchasing power.

Of course now I live in Japan with a good job, so I spend as much as I feel like. Which only ends up being 24,000-30,000 yen per month.

Around the Network

welcome to world of nintendo. if you need recommendations, dont be afraid to ask any of us. i am myself fan of jrpgs. also lets port beg for LoD on switch, together, as one!

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

BraLoD said:
mZuzek said:

By the way, I'd recommend always checking out this place before buying games: https://eshop-prices.com/games

The Switch allows you to change your account's country freely, so you can get away with buying cheaper games by exploiting that. It sounds kinda scary, but mostly everyone I know has been doing it since forever and nothing ever happened, so it doesn't seem like a big issue. More importantly it's kinda necessary for us Brazilian folk who have no money. Though I don't think it works with other South American countries. Either way it hasn't been too relevant lately as the Real's dropped hard enough for most games to be cheapest at the Brazilian eShop anyway.

Case in point, get Hollow Knight if you haven't played it yet. A R$28 masterpiece.

I have Hollow Knight on PS4 but just tried it for like 5 minutes.

Thanks for the tip, might try it out for some indies if its worth it, but I'm a physical guy, I'll eventually be buying the games I want to collect physically.

Hollow Knight and all other platforms is a must-buy

One god digital joycon( hori one), one good screen glass protector and a big sd ( 128 gb minimum)

Agente42 said:

One god digital joycon( hori one), one good screen glass protector and a big sd ( 128 gb minimum)

If he plays physical only, he probably doesn't need additional storage.  I've had a Switch since day 1 and I've never added any storage.

The stock Joycons are hot garbage though, so eventually the purchase of new joycons will likely be required.  A screen protector is definitely a good idea as well, since he intends to use it mostly in handheld mode.  

I see you like JRPGs. Try to pick up Octopath Traveler if you haven't already through steam or whatever else. It's a really good game with a simple but fun turn based system. Give it a shot.

Around the Network

Xenoblade 1, Xenoblade 2. Also Fire Emblem Three Houses, its strategy jrpg.

And keep your eyes open for Project Triangle Strategy (from creators of Octopath) it will be a squareenix strategy jrpg (reminds me of ff tactics)

Last edited by Stellar_Fungk - on 04 August 2021

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Stellar_Fungk said:

Xenoblade 1, Xenoblade 2. Also Fire Emblem Three Houses, its strategy jrpg.

And keep your eyes open for Project Triangle Strategy (from creators of Octopath) it will be a squareenix strategy jrpg (reminds me of ff tactics)

And with  3 long games he only goes back in Q3 2022.

Get Fire Emblem Three Houses. Since you want Disgaea, I’m assuming you love tactics games. It’s fantastic.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]