By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I've got a Switch

Tagged games:

Speak your mind... by chosing a ridiculous poll answer.

Welcome to Switch! 23 41.82%

Aren't you a hater? 3 5.45%

B-B-BUT YOU CAN'T 1 1.82%

Knew you would surrender to Disgaea 6 5 9.09%

Whatever 5 9.09%

Now get a Series X 4 7.27%

Now get a PS5 1 1.82%

You can't play LoD on it tho 13 23.64%

Total:55

Welcome to Switch

Around the Network

Welcome to Switch.  I'm trying to think of Switch games like LoD.  I guess the Xenoblade games are somewhat like it.  I played XC1 and it's a good game, but I remember liking LoD more.

Also, this begs the question about your avatar.  Who is the guy holding you?

Welcome to Switch. Have fun.

You dont really have a Switch until you have Hades on the Switch.

Welcome to the dark side.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Almost afraid to ask how much you paid for that. While I was in dominican republic I fell out of gaming because the doubling in price. But you guys have like 3 or 4 times? Must be tough for you guys.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Captain_Yuri said:

Noice! Welcome to the club!

BraLoD warning there are clubs and then there are Yuri's clubs, they are easy to spot though since they all have names that rhyme with rex. 

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Noice! Welcome to the club!

BraLoD warning there are clubs and then there are Yuri's clubs, they are easy to spot though since they all have names that rhyme with rex. 

Dude I almost had him! He was gonna be a prime candidate for my tentacle monster...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I guess the concern with video game prices here are less about taxes (although they are fairly high still) and more about how low are our wages

Games are mostly produced with north american, european and japanese workforce, their budgets are measured using the economy of their original countries, as such the prices are a reflection on their own markets purchasing power

I'm essentially paying for a wage of a worker who makes 5 to 6 times than me. The price of a game for an american (60 USD) is the price of maybe having lunch 2 or 3 times. 60 USD for a Brazilian worker can be easily enough budget for breakfast for 1 month, indeed I can feed myself of all food I need for 1 month with 110-120 USD (as long I cook at home)

IcaroRibeiro said:

I guess the concern with video game prices here are less about taxes (although they are fairly high still) and more about how low are our wages

Games are mostly produced with north american, european and japanese workforce, their budgets are measured using the economy of their original countries, as such the prices are a reflection on their own markets purchasing power

I'm essentially paying for a wage of a worker who makes 5 to 6 times than me. The price of a game for an american (60 USD) is the price of maybe having lunch 2 or 3 times. 60 USD for a Brazilian worker can be easily enough budget for breakfast for 1 month, indeed I can feed myself of all food I need for 1 month with 110-120 USD (as long I cook at home)

I know what you mean.  When the ps3 came out it could cover my families rent for a few months. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.