By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Infinite Full Slayer Match on Xbox Series X

Still waiting on my Xbox to pass the "pending" state, then I will spend as many hours as humanly possible because this looks fantastic :).

Around the Network

Been playing this on Steam/PC, really digging the new sound and music styles.

It's not graphically impressive however, even on my PC, but it's definitely not ugly either... Hoping I can test it out on my Xbox Series X and compare it to my Xbox One X, but I imagine it's not going to look as good as the PC build.

As far as hardware requirements go... It's demanding *enough* that it puts it out of the capability of most rubbish e-sport PC's that run with integrated graphics... But it's only using 4GB of my system memory out of 64GB and only pegs my Ryzen CPU at about 30%. It's definitely more GPU heavy than RAM or CPU, guess the Xbox One is definitely holding things back.
Any high-clocked quad core should be sufficient to run this game I think with a target of 60fps.

All in all, it's very enjoyable, loving the return to form with equipment and weapons being strewn around maps like in Halo 3 instead of silly loadouts like in Halo 4, places more strategy on holding key map points and thus ultimately more fun.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

This game does not look next gen. Atleast make the special effects like explosions and such look next gen, instead of a game that looks familiar.

KratosLives said:

This game does not look next gen. Atleast make the special effects like explosions and such look next gen, instead of a game that looks familiar.

It's definitely seen some substantial improvements since the initial reveal, especially in the lighting department though.

KratosLives said:

That's because its a cross gen game.

Also Gameplay > Graphics.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Pemalite said:

It's not graphically impressive however, even on my PC, but it's definitely not ugly either... Hoping I can test it out on my Xbox Series X and compare it to my Xbox One X, but I imagine it's not going to look as good as the PC build.

As far as hardware requirements go... It's demanding *enough* that it puts it out of the capability of most rubbish e-sport PC's that run with integrated graphics... But it's only using 4GB of my system memory out of 64GB and only pegs my Ryzen CPU at about 30%. It's definitely more GPU heavy than RAM or CPU, guess the Xbox One is definitely holding things back.
Any high-clocked quad core should be sufficient to run this game I think with a target of 60fps.

All in all, it's very enjoyable, loving the return to form with equipment and weapons being strewn around maps like in Halo 3 instead of silly loadouts like in Halo 4, places more strategy on holding key map points and thus ultimately more fun.

How would my CPU and GPU hold up, or would they just not run it? Got an i5 3570k and an RX580 feelsbadman, my PC is ancient! 

Probably better off getting a Series S to be honest. 

KratosLives said:

Was a game that is releasing on the X1 supposed to?  Pretty sure I will be playing Horizon and God of War on my PS4 Pro, so those won't look very "next gen" either aside from a few minor bumps to the PS5 port.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

KratosLives said:

It wasn't designed as a next gen game. If it was, an Xbox One version of the game wouldn't have been made. There's going to be drawbacks from games designed as cross-gen. 

Bristow9091 said:
Pemalite said:

How would my CPU and GPU hold up, or would they just not run it? Got an i5 3570k and an RX580 feelsbadman, my PC is ancient! 

I would be surprised if you couldn't do 1080P low... Jumping on this flight is probably the best way to find out to be honest.

KratosLives said:

In terms of free-to-play games, this looks pretty fantastic. The SP will look far more impressive but the lighting and design looks really good.