By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U vs Xbox One

Which is better?

Wii U 38 64.41%

Xbox One 21 35.59%

Total:59

Of the two "also ran" consoles of the 8th generation, which do you think is better, and why?

Around the Network

Because I have a PC, I'd say Wii U cuz there's still a few exclusives there I can't play anywhere else and for now it has a super impressive retro collection on the eshop. Never had a reason to get an Xbox personally cuz my PC can play pretty much play everything on it. Without that stipulation tho yeah the Xbox One def had more on it

Wii U had great exclusives. Look how well they do on Switch. Xbox One's biggest issue was decent exclusive games. Wii U hardware sucked but had great exclusives. XBO had decent hardware but not enough to really buy it for you could not get elsewhere. MS's output was mostly mediocre. I would take Xenoblade X and Bayonetta 2 and TMS over any XBO game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

The WiiU had BOTW and Mario Kart 8, which is fantastic. The Xbox One did not have the letter "U" as a separate part of its name, which is also fantastic.
Its a tough call, but I gotta go with the WiiU here.

Xbox one.
Gamepass and a constant quantity of games to play.
WiiU has great exclusives, but you have a big drought en between them and almost no third party games.
Xbox exclusives are not fantastic but are good games with some very notable gems (Forza Horizon games, Ori, Gears 5, Cuphead,Sea of Thieves, Halo MCC,etc) A good BC program (WIIU is better but no GC) Good online service and a very good gamepad.

I have both consoles.

Around the Network

I played the couple XBox One exclusives I was interested in on PC in one month of game pass. I played many more games on WiiU over many years. The excellent remake/remaster of windwaker already puts it above the XBox One, Lego city undercover alone racked up over 500 hours between us and having the map in your hands while playing on tv was simply brilliant. (Disappointed Switch can't do that)

I own both, and I'd have to say the XBone is a far better system in just about every way. The problem, of course, is that the Wii U had all of the Nintendo content. At this point, there is damn near nothing exclusive to either system though, so I'll go with the XBone as the better system once exclusive content is taken out of the picture. It just *is* better. It looks better, is much more powerful, has a better controller, etc.

Do you mean better over all? Or better for us personally?

Cuz overall I would say wii u as that console you actually need to get to play some great games. While theres almost no reason to buy a xbox 1 over the existing ps4.

But for me wich i have a ps4 and switch, the xbox actually offers more I havent played or could play than the wii u.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

I actually bought a Wii U, which is enough to get my vote over the XB1. However, the Wii U also had some fun games on it. My favorites were Hyrule Warriors and Mario Maker.

eva01beserk said:

Do you mean better over all? Or better for us personally?

Cuz overall I would say wii u as that console you actually need to get to play some great games. While theres almost no reason to buy a xbox 1 over the existing ps4.

But for me wich i have a ps4 and switch, the xbox actually offers more I havent played or could play than the wii u.

This is the boat I'm in. Never owned an Xbox One, or lived with anyone that did. I barely played it at some other people's houses. I still have a Wii U, and did enjoy it. 

Had I not had any interest in Sony's software, I would've got an Xbox One S or Xbox One X years ago.

I've slightly considered getting a Series S or Series X one day, but I probably won't. I'd much rather get a PS5. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima