By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dying Light Platinum Edition announced for Switch

Dying Light Platinum Edition will contain the main game, four main DLCs and 17 skin packs are included. There’s also support for HD Rumble, gyro aiming, motion controls, touchscreen, and local/online co-op.

Dying Light Platinum Edition arrives on Switch this October.

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Sounds like a pretty competent port if things like HD rumble and Gyro aiming got included

If this is actually legit (at this point it hasn't been officially confirmed by either Nintendo or the developer) then it would be one of the more ambitious ports to Switch so far, and if done well would be a real showcase for what can be achieved on Nintendo's hybrid.

Ka-pi96 said:

Why though?

Dying Light 2 releases in December, so releasing a port of the 1st game in Oct seems a bit stupid. Unless they've got a secret Dying Light 2 Switch port in the works too, but otherwise this just seems kind of pointless to me.

If it sells, it wasn't pointless.

Ka-pi96 said:
KLAMarine said:

If it sells, it wasn't pointless.

And if it doesn't sell because the sequel is releasing on every other platform just a couple months later?

Sounds an awful lot like the Mass Effect thing, where the Wii U got 1 Mass Effect game by itself while around the same time every other platform had the full trilogy release.

Just seems to me like it either should've been a few years sooner, or it should be releasing alongside the sequel, maybe even included as part of the collectors edition or something.

Modern Warfare 1 released on Wii around the time Modern Warfare 2 released on PS3/360/PC. It still sold well.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

If this is actually legit (at this point it hasn't been officially confirmed by either Nintendo or the developer) then it would be one of the more ambitious ports to Switch so far, and if done well would be a real showcase for what can be achieved on Nintendo's hybrid.

It runs on potato such as GT 630, so I'm guesstimating it will be a good port.

I've enjoyed it quite a bit, somewhat unexpectedly (Dead Island was okish), though it somewhat overstays its welcome in second half of the game. I like it for what it is, basically Central Hub based open world that lets you go around (and die) from the get go, though it has fairly fixed story line.

HoloDust said:
curl-6 said:

It runs on potato such as GT 630, so I'm guesstimating it will be a good port.

I've enjoyed it quite a bit, somewhat unexpectedly (Dead Island was okish), though it somewhat overstays its welcome in second half of the game. I like it for what it is, basically Central Hub based open world that lets you go around (and die) from the get go, though it has fairly fixed story line.

I mean it's not on the level of something like Witcher 3 of course, but it did have some framerate drops on the Xbox One back when it came out as was a 30fps game even on PS4 so it's still fairly demanding relative to the Switch's specs.

But if it does run well on lower PC specs that is good to know, here's hoping for a strong conversion.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 20 July 2021

If the full game is on the cart, this will be a definite purchase from me. If not, maybe when there is a sale. Either way, I am very happy to see the third party support grow on Switch!

1doesnotsimply

FarleyMcFirefly said:

If the full game is on the cart, this will be a definite purchase from me. If not, maybe when there is a sale. Either way, I am very happy to see the third party support grow on Switch!

This is what I come to write too.

Fingers crossed or a hard no for me.

Ka-pi96 said:

Why though?

Dying Light 2 releases in December, so releasing a port of the 1st game in Oct seems a bit stupid. Unless they've got a secret Dying Light 2 Switch port in the works too, but otherwise this just seems kind of pointless to me.

Maybe it was just too hard to get Dying Light 2 running on the Switch in a good enough state as a crossgen PS4/Xbone/PS5/XS title, but they want to boost their brand to a new audience and the first game on Switch allows them to do that.

Kinda like how Metro Redux came to Switch after Metro Exodus came out on the dedicated consoles and PC.