By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dying Light Platinum Edition announced for Switch

If the full game is on the cart, this will be a definite purchase from me. If not, maybe when there is a sale. Either way, I am very happy to see the third party support grow on Switch!

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
FarleyMcFirefly said:

If the full game is on the cart, this will be a definite purchase from me. If not, maybe when there is a sale. Either way, I am very happy to see the third party support grow on Switch!

This is what I come to write too.

Fingers crossed or a hard no for me.

Ka-pi96 said:

Why though?

Dying Light 2 releases in December, so releasing a port of the 1st game in Oct seems a bit stupid. Unless they've got a secret Dying Light 2 Switch port in the works too, but otherwise this just seems kind of pointless to me.

Maybe it was just too hard to get Dying Light 2 running on the Switch in a good enough state as a crossgen PS4/Xbone/PS5/XS title, but they want to boost their brand to a new audience and the first game on Switch allows them to do that.

Kinda like how Metro Redux came to Switch after Metro Exodus came out on the dedicated consoles and PC.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Finally officially confirmed:

https://www.ign.com/articles/dying-light-nintendo-switch-platinum-edition

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/08/dying_light_platinum_edition_is_heading_to_switch

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Congrats to Switch still getting ports from 6 years ago.

Around the Network

What studio is porting it?

Kakadu18 said:

What studio is porting it?

No word yet; I've checked their Twitter pages and none of the main Switch porting houses have put their hand up and taken credit yet. Maybe it's being handled internally by Techland themselves.