By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Youtuber says Switch Oled is now 300$

To be honest, with this Switch OLED model announcement, I think the most reasonable price for switch:
Switch: 300 --> 280
Switch OLED: 320
and if there is a Switch Pro next year,
Switch Pro: 350

Around the Network

Hopefully it goes down for all stores. $350 feels like it's way too high.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yea, i mean the price wasn't right when it was announced, and now it's kinda problematic with Valve's portable device. Once again, Nintendo got too comfortable. I feel like they are doing the bare minimum currently and want to make Switch's lifespan as long as possible. But they will have to get more aggressive if they don't want to kill their own momentum by just waiting.

I think they should just drop the price of the Switch family and adjust the OLED right away. I'm sure they are making hella profits from that 350$ anyway, no need to keep it that high.

The right pricing would have been :
Lite : 175$
Switch : 250$
OLED : 300$

I don't care people saying "Switch selling like hotcakes they shouldn't drop the price". It's the first time i see Switch getting dragged online as much, i honestly think if they just keep doing nothing momentum could drop faster than we think. It's better to keep being aggressive while the eyes are on you rather than trying to catch an audience when they are already loosing interest.

xMetroid said:

Yea, i mean the price wasn't right when it was announced, and now it's kinda problematic with Valve's portable device. Once again, Nintendo got too comfortable. I feel like they are doing the bare minimum currently and want to make Switch's lifespan as long as possible. But they will have to get more aggressive if they don't want to kill their own momentum by just waiting.

I think they should just drop the price of the Switch family and adjust the OLED right away. I'm sure they are making hella profits from that 350$ anyway, no need to keep it that high.

The right pricing would have been :
Lite : 175$
Switch : 250$
OLED : 300$

I don't care people saying "Switch selling like hotcakes they shouldn't drop the price". It's the first time i see Switch getting dragged online as much, i honestly think if they just keep doing nothing momentum could drop faster than we think. It's better to keep being aggressive while the eyes are on you rather than trying to catch an audience when they are already loosing interest.

It appears that Nintendo wants to increase their profit margins. I don’t know if Twitter, forums, or Reddit are great indicators of how the Switch OLED will perform. Or how the Switch has performed recently, in general. I was listening to Spawncast yesterday and it appears no one considers Steam Deck as a direct competitor to Switch. Sure, Spawncast is only one group, but it’s interesting to hear what Spawn wave, Nate the Hate, and others think of the comparisons. Deck is its own thing. We’re not even sure if it’s gonna be sold at retail, outside of the Steam website. We’ll see if Valve will actually put effort in supporting it long term, unlike their previous projects. Will they get a good ROI, which is something Nintendo has always been mindful of?

Skeptical, but would be great for this to happen.
This should be the price range of the Switch family.
Switch Lite: $170
Switch: $250
Switch OLED: $300

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

I think the following prices would be worthwhile and fair.

Switch Lite: $180
Switch: $270 ($300 with pack-in title)
Switch OLED: $300

I don't really think it's happening, at least not this year. I always thought Nintendo was going to wait a quarter of OLED in the market, see how much it can sell and then decide if they will price cut Switch family or not

I believe N planned to remove the base model anyway and replace it with the OLED for $300. They might have accelerated their plans to get preorders up and curb the Valve tablet.