By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favorite games so far in 2021

I haven't played any 2021 games yet. There was nothing I truly wanted to play to be honest. Up until now I've been playing some games I have been accumulating for years, but never got around playing: Blasphemous, Trails of Cold Steel II, Ni No Kuni, DOOM Eternal, Persona 5 Royal, Horace, Luigi's Mansion 3... All good stuff to be honest. My favourite so far was Cold Steel II. God, this series is SO GOOD at creating and expanding its world, characters and story. It also has some amazing music and battle system. Now I need to get the Sky trilogy...

Back to 2021, luckily for me NEO TWEWY is almost here and I'm dying to play it. I really enjoyed the demo so I hope the full game is just as good.

Last edited by Vodacixi - on 19 July 2021

Around the Network

Hitman 3

axumblade said:
trunkswd said:

I haven't played many new games from 2021. The Medium would be my favorite so far. Not that I loved the game. I've spent most of the year catching up on older titles or replaying games. 

Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 are my most anticipated games for the rest of the year, along with a handful of smaller titles. 

The Medium comes in 2nd for me. It wasn't amazing but it was decent. Returnal is my 3rd but only because I still haven't gotten past the first freaking boss yet

Not past the first boss? Oh, man. How many hours have you put in? I’ll tell you, biome 1 kicked my ass. I put about 20h into it and had probably 20 deaths. After that, though, something just clicked with the gameplay, and I started kicking ass. Died 2-3x in biome 2, once in biome 3, then once total from biome 4-6. I don’t know your answer yet, but I still say stay strong! I honestly almost gave up in biome 1, but Returnal is now my favorite game of 2021 and one of my favorite games in the past few years. 

My favorite games of this year are MH Stories 2 and MH Rise. I'm also enjoying Ys IX though it could use more optimization for Switch.

And I'm really enjoying Skyward Sword HD now that I can use the Pro Controller to play it. The original got in its own way too much with the motion controls and the other QOL issues, which have been fixed. Fi is much less annoying.

axumblade said:

So we accidentally locked the thread with the OP still intact and left this thread open. So I just copied the OP from the locked thread and put it in this one and unlocked it.

Thanks. Sorry about the duplicate threads.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition.
Resident Evil 8.
That's about it for me...

Around the Network

My top game so far this year is Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. Other games worth mentioning are; RE: Village and Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

There are other games that could top R&C, like Battlefield 2042 or Diablo 2 Remastered, we shall see!

Monster Hunter Rise. Was hoping Ys IX could easily dethrone it, but I just started to play it a few days ago and it wasn't off to a great start.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.