By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favorite games so far in 2021

We’re halfway through 2021. What have your favorite games been so far? If you’d like, discuss what you liked about these games.

Last edited by axumblade - on 19 July 2021

Around the Network

Monster Hunter Rise.
For years a new MH game for Switch had been a dream of mine that felt like it would never come true, and now that it has, its everything I hoped for; amazing creature designs, thrilling combat, incredible depth and breadth of content, and a brilliantly addictive and rewarding loop of hunting to upgrade and upgrading to hunt that provides a near endless stream of endorphins.
Not just the best game of 2021, but quite possibly my favourite game since BOTW back in 2017.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 16 July 2021

curl-6 said:

Monster Hunter Rise.
For years a new MH game for Switch had been a dream of mine that felt like it would never come true, and now that it has, its everything I hoped for; amazing creature designs, thrilling combat, incredible depth and breadth of content, and a brilliantly addictive and rewarding loop of hunting to upgrade and upgrading to hunt.
Not just the best game of 2021, but quite possibly my favourite game since BOTW back in 2017.

Nice.

I just picked up Monster Hunter Stories 2 and I’m really enjoying it. It’s more of a conventional turn-based RPG than Rise. It looks like it’s going to be a big hit. It was sold out everywhere in my area. Might even give SMT V a run for its money. 

Scarlet Nexus. So far my clear fave.

In order and enjoyed them all.

Persona 5 Strikers

Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD

Nier Replicant

Monster Hunter Stories 2

Wonderboy Asha in Wonder Land

Hotshot Racing

Atlelier Ryza 2

Poison Control

I have not finished Bravely Default II yet but I enjoyed it. I'd like Ys IX more if it performed better on Switch. I just started Wings of Darkness on PS4 so can say more later.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

SanAndreasX said:
curl-6 said:

Monster Hunter Rise.
For years a new MH game for Switch had been a dream of mine that felt like it would never come true, and now that it has, its everything I hoped for; amazing creature designs, thrilling combat, incredible depth and breadth of content, and a brilliantly addictive and rewarding loop of hunting to upgrade and upgrading to hunt.

Nice.

I just picked up Monster Hunter Stories 2 and I’m really enjoying it. It’s more of a conventional turn-based RPG than Rise. It looks like it’s going to be a big hit. It was sold out everywhere in my area. Might even give SMT V a run for its money. 

Stories isn't my cup of tea as I'm not really into turn based combat, but I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Out of curiosity, what is your pick for the best game of 2021 so far?

Around the Network

Little Nightmares 2

Overall 2021 has been quite unremarkable for games, I'm mostly playing older games. Maybe I will play RE Village in future but I really dislike first person games so not decided 

SanAndreasX said:

Sorry, I messed this up and created two threads. Please delete if possible. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Is this for 2021 released games or games I've played in 2021?

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I guess just Valheim. There hasn't really been many games for me this year tbh (much like the past 5 yrs for me in general).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

There's this neat little indie game on Steam called "Before Your Eyes" that's about going through a person's life where every time you blink (using webcam tracking), the timeline progresses. Super unique experience, probably the best one I've had so far this year

As for the game I had the most fun with, RE8. Not nearly as memorable as 7 for me but an extremely enjoyable game

So far it's star wars the fallen jedi on series x. Played it with the latest upgrade for next gen and the game is beautiful. Love the Dark souls inspired combat, story is pretty good and love the cinematics in the game.