By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No-longer-bold prediction: Sony will release PS5 Portable in late 2023/2024

Will it?

Probably 2 2.67%

Maybe 7 9.33%

Probably not 26 34.67%

No. 40 53.33%

Total:75

My take is Sony would be better off looking at partnering with Valve to bring PSN to PC with the steam deck acting as a pseudo proprietary platform.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

This thing is going to fail and Sony nor Nintendo will even notice. Sony is more likely to go cloud with mobile devices like MS.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Mid-gen updates are for Pro models that run games better, not worse.

Sony fans haven't supported Vita which was by far the best handheld in the market. Why would they support a new model ?

After the failure of the Vita, I don't see Sony dipping their toes in that space again. Least not yet anyway...

They might observe the Steam Deck to see if it's a success or not and based on that, rethink about going back into the handheld space but that would be a long ways off imo.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

There is hope, the PSPhoenix will rise!

Last edited by TomaTito - on 16 July 2021

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TBH, still a bold prediction.

Not likely to happen.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Sony fans haven't supported Vita which was by far the best handheld in the market. Why would they support a new model ?

Lack of many big games and system sellers, lack of L2 R2, im not so sure about that.

I've read a Bloomberg article saying that Sony have always a look on what Nintendo does and will look closely how good (or bad) the Switch OLED will sell.
I don't know why, but maybe the y are still interested into portable gaming.

Sony has always put their hands in too many cookie jars, so I wouldn't be surprised if Sony tried. I think it would better serve Sony to focus more on what they have like PS Now, PSVR and PS5.