I mean there wasn't much released this year on the PS4/PS5, and what did release didn't exactly set the World on fire.
Resident Evil Village is the only game that combined across the two SKUs will probably end up above 250K, Nier Replicant might end up close to 200K(still 40K away), Samurai Warriors 5 is in third place and might leg it's way to close to 100K, beyond that we have a Scarlet Nexus which is currently below 50K across it's two SKUs, Biomutant at around 35K sales, nothing outside of these games is confirmed to have even surpassed 30K physical.
Demon Slayer is still unknown as it's too far from release but pre-orders so far don't lead me to believe it's going to be a huge hit, lets say it somhow ends up above 200K. Next we have Tales of Arise, lets say that it's the second or third best selling game on the ecosystem this year and reaches 200K across it's two SKUs, Lost Judgement doesn't fuel me with high hopes it's likely 150K at best. Beyond those Idolmaster, Forbidden West, PS5 version of Ghost of Tsushima, Battlefield etc.. not sure any of those should be expected to surpass 100K,
So we are looking at around 1.5 million across the 12 best selling titles for the year. On average lets say that the rest of the Top 30 manages 50K, that's below 2.5 million and I'm being generous.
At the same time PS3 alone was selling 2 million software among its top 10 titles in 2015, PS4 also managed 2 million and PSV was just below at 1.86 million, if we look at each of those devices Top 30 we would likely end up with a higher result than what we would get this year across the PS4/PS5.
When we look at the Top 30 PS4 games by the end of Q3 last year they had managed nearly 4 million and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Cyberpunk 2077, Shin Megami Tensei III, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, FIFA 21, Watch Dogs: Legion, Atelier Ryza 2 all managed to surpass 50K in the final Quarter. Right now for Q4 we know about a handful of games, the biggest of which is Demon Slayer.
Top 30 PS4 Games Q1-Q3 2020:
- Final Fantasy VII Remake (Square Enix) - 932.821
- Ghost of Tsushima (Sony) - 399.370
- Resident Evil 3 (Capcom) - 258.676
- Yakuza 7: Like a Dragon (Sega) - 243.769
- The Last of Us Part II (Sony) - 222.943
- eBaseball Powerful Pro Baseball 2020 (Konami) - 180.243
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. MaxiBoost On (Bandai Namco) - 161.014
- Nioh 2 (Koei Tecmo) - 156.772
- Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers (Atlus) - 149.898
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot (Bandai Namco) - 149.654
- Trials of Mana (Square Enix) - 133.593
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 (Bandai Namco) - 131.315
- Granblue Fantasy Versus (Cygames) - 111.094
- The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki (Nihon Falcom) - 96.140
- Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris (Bandai Namco) - 85.010
- Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers (Atlus) - 65.653
- Monster Hunter: World - Iceborne (Capcom) - 63.322
- Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Online Edition (Take-Two) - 54.860
- Marvel's Avengers (Square Enix) - 54.373
- eFootball Winning Eleven 2021 Season Update (Konami) - 35.996
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Sony) - 34.820
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms 14 (Koei Tecmo) - 33.644
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Square Enix) - 33.203
- Remnant: From the Ashes (DMM Games) - 26.670
- 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Atlus) - 20.050
- Katana Kami: A Way of the Samurai Story (Spike Chunsoft) - 17.599
- Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions (Bandai Namco) - 16.822
- Fairy Tail (Koei Tecmo) - 15.344
- Neptunia Virtual Stars (Compile Heart) - 12.331
- Bayonetta & Vanquish (Sega) - 11.312