By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite Forza Motorsport game?

What's your favorite Forza Motorsport game?

Forza Motorsport 24 9.68%

Forza Motorsport 2 12 4.84%

Forza Motorsport 3 32 12.90%

Forza Motorsport 4 52 20.97%

Forza Motorsport 5 18 7.26%

Forza Motorsport 6 21 8.47%

Forza Motorsport 7 89 35.89%

Total:248

7. Just best all round package. Started off rather rough with its micro transactions, was fixed and game has come good ever since.... Kinda the theme of xbox in general last generation. Only started playing once I got my series x. 4k 60 in all its unwavering glory.

I expect big things from 8. Longest dev time, new engine and they seem to want to launch the game and have substantial updates moving forward as a Gamepass incentive.

As one of the "big 3" it certainly has the pull to draw and keep people in. The consensus among critics seem to put Forza series above... Umm... That other racing game in recent years, largely due to horizon though, to be fair.

As a pillar title, I expect turn 10 and MS to turn it up to 11.

Around the Network

6 is my favorite 

eh I think with games like FM there's no reason to go back to a previous game. They have no story and they usually carry over most of the stuff they added from previous games so they only get better with each entry.
Obviously there was a problem with FM5 and its development cycle but overall I have no reason not to say Forza 7 even though I've played it the least (apart from the very first which I never played). More cars, more tracks and better graphics.

I only played 2 and 3 on my 360, and, as such, I voted for 3.

What I hope for the next one is that it follows the steps of the Horizon games and also comes to Steam so I can play it. And that it's fun to play, of course.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

4. I think they really hit their sweet spot on the 360. Their Xbone work was solid but flawed.

5 was a launch title and light on content.
6 had super scummy monetization
7 was good, but fatigue had set in and Horizon blew by it

I'm very glad that they are taking such a long time with 8.

Around the Network

Forza Motorsport 4 is still my favorite. I like the car roster the most even though it doesn't have open wheel cars. I bought almost all the DLC for it I played it the most out of all the Motorsport games and I got all the achievements for it. Technically 7 is the best though only thing about it that was disappointing is that they didn't add any DLC tracks or achievements to it plus they should have kept the manufactures affinity level that was present in the previous three games that would have made me play it a lot more.

shikamaru317 said:

4 because of the Japan tracks, particularly Fujimi Kaido. When Turn 10 rebooted the series for Xbox One with Forza Motorsport 5, the only one of the 4 Japan tracks that they brought back the entire generation was Suzuka, we never saw the return of Fujimi Kaido, Twin Ring Motegi, or Tsukuba in Forza 5, 6, or 7. This is a mistake they simply must rectify in the new Forza Motorsport reboot on Xbox Series, especially since Playground decided not to set Forza Horizon 5 in Japan.

As for my hopes for Forza Motorsport 8/reboot, I have big hopes for it. They say that the improvements made between 7 and 8/reboot are bigger than the improvements made between 4 and 7, so more improvements than were made in the previous 3 games combined. We've been hearing that the simulation is far more accurate, with all new damage, suspension, tire, road surface, temperature, and atmospheric pressure models. Tracks have dynamic time of day now, with a dynamic temperature system that interacts with the cars as the time of day changes. Tires leave rubber on tracks, which results in a realistic feel when you drive over that rubber on subsequent laps. Tires in 7 had a single contact point with the track that updated 60 times per second, tires in 8/reboot have 8 contact points which update 360 times per second, resulting in much better communication of the road surface to the player. They are using new photogrammetry and laser scanning tools to recreate tracks more accurately than ever before.

Beyond simulation improvements, I'm hoping for a much bigger car and track list than the last time they rebooted Forza Motorsport with 5. 5 only had 200 cars and 17 tracks on release, I'm hoping to see at least double those numbers in Forza Motorsport reboot/8 on release, since 5 was rushed out with 2 years of development, whereas Forza Motorsport 8 had 1+ year of engine development alone, and is looking like it will have roughly 3 years of content development before release, from Fall 2019 to Fall 2022 most likely, with Turn 10's largest dev team ever, and their new tools which are designed to speed car and track development. So yeah, double the car and track numbers that Forza Motorsport 5 had on release sounds reasonable to me. 

I'm also hoping to see the addition of off-road/dirt racing, which has been rumored by some leakers, as well as a much more detailed story campaign (we already know that Turn 10 hired a proper writer for Forza Motorsport 8/reboot's campaign, and Turn 10 said that they wanted to make the game more accessible for new fans of the Motorsport franchise who are used to the story content of the Horizon series). 

They also need to add Fuji Speedway it can't be that hard to get since it was in Project Cars 2 and 3.

Chris Hu said:
shikamaru317 said:
*snip*

They also need to add Fuji Speedway it can't be that hard to get since it was in Project Cars 2 and 3.

Project Cars 2 and 3 were published by Namco Bandai, who probably pushed to get it included to increase sales in their home country.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I have never actually played any Forza game although racing is my jam.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

JEMC said:
Chris Hu said:

Project Cars 2 and 3 were published by Namco Bandai, who probably pushed to get it included to increase sales in their home country.

If that is really the case then its odd that they had a knock off version of Suzuka Circuit in all three Project Cars games instead of the real deal.