By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I honestly couldn't watch the whole thing. What a terrible video. Like, this looks like one of those OSX Videos from Apple explaining things. The UI stuff itself is bad. "We couldn't really do anything to make the U.I. better, but look how round the rectangles are now! Oh and we destroyed the start menu for no reason." WTF?

Around the Network
Chrizum said:

That video made me depressed. Do I get complimentary Prozac with my upgrade?

This post was brought to you by a computer running Windows 7, still the best Windows around.

You get mandated internet connection, and a need for a MS account to use windows.

also forced updates are still there (ToS, allowing them to install, remove stuff from your pc)

*edit: Moveing on from windows 7 was hard.... I tried windows 8 and hated it.... windows 8,1 is barely passable.
Windows 10 never really sat well with me, and windows 11 looks worse (why change things this much?). 
 Its windows 7 or 8,1 for me.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 25 June 2021

Windows always knows exactly what you don't want and gives it to you.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:

The thing is DirectX can force you to upgrade if you want to play games.
Another reason why Vulcan is so important.... sadly its not takeing off as quickly and widespread as it should.
(theres only like 120 vulkan api supported games... Im sure DX12 is higher)

One thing I do like is how a number of nonsense bloat that windows 10 had is now getting removed.

- Cortana is no longer part of the boot experience
- Live Tiles will no longer be available in the Start menu
- There’s no more tablet mode, and Windows 10’s lightweight S mode (arguably also handy for tablets) will only be available in Windows 11 Home
- Skype is one of a few apps that will no longer be included in clean installs of the new OS
- OneNote for Windows 10 also won’t be included in clean installs
- In addition, Microsoft is no longer including Paint 3D and 3D Viewer

https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/24/22548950/microsoft-windows-11-skype-onenote-live-tiles-cortana

Microsoft store will also be allowing Win32 Apps which I like cause UWP has had too many problems. If we can do Win32 + Gamepass, that would be fap worthy.

I am also interested to see how Direct Storage will be implemented as there have been rumours of an OS level revamp that could allow nutty SSD performance outside of just games.

Overall, I am looking forward to it. Windows 10 felt buggy at times and I never really liked the live tiles. Windows 10 was also terrible when it came to touch devices and I like all the improvements that Windows 11 has in that area as well. There are some urghh things like needing a Microsoft Account + Internet connection for first time setup if you are a Windows 11 Home user (Pro and above doesn't) and the taskbar being locked to the bottom.. But least I can move the taskbar to the left instead of it being in the middle. We will see how it turns out though.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

One thing I do like is how a number of nonsense bloat that windows 10 had is now getting removed.

- Cortana is no longer part of the boot experience
- Live Tiles will no longer be available in the Start menu
- There’s no more tablet mode, and Windows 10’s lightweight S mode (arguably also handy for tablets) will only be available in Windows 11 Home
- Skype is one of a few apps that will no longer be included in clean installs of the new OS
- OneNote for Windows 10 also won’t be included in clean installs
- In addition, Microsoft is no longer including Paint 3D and 3D Viewer

https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/24/22548950/microsoft-windows-11-skype-onenote-live-tiles-cortana

Microsoft store will also be allowing Win32 Apps which I like cause UWP has had too many problems. If we can do Win32 + Gamepass, that would be fap worthy.

I am also interested to see how Direct Storage will be implemented as there have been rumours of an OS level revamp that could allow nutty SSD performance outside of just games.

Overall, I am looking forward to it. Windows 10 felt buggy at times and I never really liked the live tiles. Windows 10 was also terrible when it came to touch devices and I like all the improvements that Windows 11 has in that area as well. There are some urghh things like needing a Microsoft Account if you are a Windows Home user and the taskbar being locked to the bottom but least I can move the taskbar to the left instead of it being in the middle. We will see how it turns out though.

I forgot about all that UWP stuff.... doing away with win32 and .exe files, and moveing to UWP and Apps.... just... didnt sit well with me.
Good news, that MS isnt forceing people to drop older programs and force people to use UWP (thats atleast something, back when win10 came out, I had assumed next windows that would happend).

Lol I remember reading about a "windows as a service" type thing, with build in ADs, and key programs and parts of windows locked behinde a paywall.
That was likely just fear mongering (this was a few years ago), as it seems windows 11 doesnt have any of that.

I'll likely just end up gutting most of those "features", and change the shell back to 10's look, as well as changing the taskbar back to it's normal state, not the shitty tablet look.

I get that they are trying to appeal to both desktop/tablet users, but maybe, just maybe the tablet users should fucking stick to their side of the pool, and never, ever swim to the desktop side. Seriously, keep those two separate, like forever.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

JRPGfan said:

Start Menu is centered? and "cloud-powered" ? wtf? Linked to your phone? and resently viewed things on phone/pc show up either place?

Erhmm.... Windows... why? <.<

Thats a really neat feature. As a macbook user the way my laptop is integreated with my Iphone is one of Apple's killer feature. Glad MS is doing somehting similar. 

Last edited by jason1637 - on 25 June 2021

AbbathTheGrim said:

I agree and long held the belief that being Windows core feature it should have be expanded upon, but instead Google took the feature and applied it to the Universe.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 25 June 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Chazore said:

I'll likely just end up gutting most of those "features", and change the shell back to 10's look, as well as changing the taskbar back to it's normal state, not the shitty tablet look.

I get that they are trying to appeal to both desktop/tablet users, but maybe, just maybe the tablet users should fucking stick to their side of the pool, and never, ever swim to the desktop side. Seriously, keep those two separate, like forever.

I agree, it's also well known that tablet users have a habit of pissing in the pool, so rather than moving them back into the shallow end they should be made to go  back to the kiddie pool .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot