By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 25, 2021 - (June 14 - June 20)

Darc Requiem said:
Metallox said:

Why is Xbox selling?

Microsoft doesn't have the same censorship policies as Sony. Some of the quirky Japanese games are starting release on Switch, Xbox, PC, and skip Playstation all together. I wonder if that is behind the uptick in Xbox demand. 

Wouldn't you just get a Switch, i doubt any of these games were on Xbox but not Switch but correct me if im wrong? 

I'm inclined to believe its more likely related to gamepass 

Around the Network
Agente42 said:
Otter said:

There's rumour of a stand alone Ghost of Tsushima expansion like Miles Morales coming this fall.

otherwise Horizon/COD/Battlefield/Tales are the contenders. All have a recent history of shipping over 200k in Japan and will benefit from arriving on a bigger install base than RE8 did. By the holiday PS5 should have a stronger software ratio against the PS4 than it currently has

Stronger software ration? How?

Currently cross gen games perform far better on PS4 than PS5, obviously as more PS4 users move to PS5 we will be looking at a larger share of cross gen game sales coming from PS5.

Otter said:
Agente42 said:

Stronger software ration? How?

Currently cross gen games perform far better on PS4 than PS5, obviously as more PS4 users move to PS5 we will be looking at a larger share of cross gen game sales coming from PS5.

It's a crazy thing based on software sales history. PS5 has worst software sales than xbox360 until now.

the software sales, in Japan, it's not good.

The only chance is Demon Slayer and the 100k FW, best case scenario. 

And Demon Slayer will sell far better on Ps4 ( range 350-500 FW)

Last edited by Agente42 - on 25 June 2021

rapsuperstar31 said:
Metallox said:

Why is Xbox selling?

The South Park amusement park effect, I have this amazing amusement park...and you can't come.  Both consoles can't keep up with demand.

That doesn't really explain away the uptick in sales for XBox in Japan.  A place where there has never been demand needing to be kept up with in the first place.

kazuyamishima said:
Blood_Tears said:

Do you by any chance have a link or anything for that?  The only thing I have seen on it was the PS+ version is the only one not getting the free upgrade.

The free upgrade is Worldwide. 

For digital only.

Around the Network
Mandalore76 said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

The South Park amusement park effect, I have this amazing amusement park...and you can't come.  Both consoles can't keep up with demand.

That doesn't really explain away the uptick in sales for XBox in Japan.  A place where there has never been demand needing to be kept up with in the first place.

Xbox effect is talking more about sony loses Japan than Xbox's own merits. 

Otter said:
Darc Requiem said:

Microsoft doesn't have the same censorship policies as Sony. Some of the quirky Japanese games are starting release on Switch, Xbox, PC, and skip Playstation all together. I wonder if that is behind the uptick in Xbox demand. 

Wouldn't you just get a Switch, i doubt any of these games were on Xbox but not Switch but correct me if im wrong? 

I'm inclined to believe its more likely related to gamepass 

I didn't even consider that. Good point.

I think the only PS5 SKUs that have a chance at ending up higher than Resident Evil: Village are Tails of Arise & Demon Slayer, but it's not a guarantee in any shape or form.

noshten said:

I think the only PS5 SKUs that have a chance at ending up higher than Resident Evil: Village are Tails of Arise & Demon Slayer, but it's not a guarantee in any shape or form.

Demon Slayer, Tales will be lower. 

noshten said:

Demon Slayer seems like one of those games people will play on PS4.  Even if it sells really well, the average Demon Slayer fan will probably want to play the game on a cheaper system rather than shell out $500 (or equivalent price in Japan) in order to play it on PS5.  The PS5 right now is for the most hardcore of gamers, but not necessarily fans of a TV show.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 25 June 2021