By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 25, 2021 - (June 14 - June 20)

The_Liquid_Laser said:

At this point, I am not sure if the PS5 will end the year with any games in the top 50.  Will it get any other title this year that will sell better than Resident Evil Village?  We still have over 6 months in the year left.  It seems like their should be enough titles left in the year to push Resident Evil Village off of the top 50.

There's rumour of a stand alone Ghost of Tsushima expansion like Miles Morales coming this fall.

otherwise Horizon/COD/Battlefield/Tales are the contenders. All have a recent history of shipping over 200k in Japan and will benefit from arriving on a bigger install base than RE8 did. By the holiday PS5 should have a stronger software ratio against the PS4 than it currently has

Edit: Potentially Cyberpunk too if it doesn't have a free upgrade

Last edited by Otter - on 25 June 2021

Around the Network
Metallox said:

Why is Xbox selling?

Microsoft doesn't have the same censorship policies as Sony. Some of the quirky Japanese games are starting release on Switch, Xbox, PC, and skip Playstation all together. I wonder if that is behind the uptick in Xbox demand. 



Otter said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

At this point, I am not sure if the PS5 will end the year with any games in the top 50.  Will it get any other title this year that will sell better than Resident Evil Village?  We still have over 6 months in the year left.  It seems like their should be enough titles left in the year to push Resident Evil Village off of the top 50.

There's rumour of a stand alone Ghost of Tsushima expansion like Miles Morales coming this fall.

otherwise Horizon/COD/Battlefield/Tales are the contenders. All have a recent history of shipping over 200k in Japan and will benefit from arriving on a bigger install base than RE8 did. By the holiday PS5 should have a stronger software ratio against the PS4 than it currently has

Stronger software ration? How?



Darc Requiem said:
Metallox said:

Why is Xbox selling?

Microsoft doesn't have the same censorship policies as Sony. Some of the quirky Japanese games are starting release on Switch, Xbox, PC, and skip Playstation all together. I wonder if that is behind the uptick in Xbox demand. 

Wouldn't you just get a Switch, i doubt any of these games were on Xbox but not Switch but correct me if im wrong? 

I'm inclined to believe its more likely related to gamepass 



Agente42 said:
Otter said:

There's rumour of a stand alone Ghost of Tsushima expansion like Miles Morales coming this fall.

otherwise Horizon/COD/Battlefield/Tales are the contenders. All have a recent history of shipping over 200k in Japan and will benefit from arriving on a bigger install base than RE8 did. By the holiday PS5 should have a stronger software ratio against the PS4 than it currently has

Stronger software ration? How?

Currently cross gen games perform far better on PS4 than PS5, obviously as more PS4 users move to PS5 we will be looking at a larger share of cross gen game sales coming from PS5.



Around the Network
Otter said:
Agente42 said:

Stronger software ration? How?

Currently cross gen games perform far better on PS4 than PS5, obviously as more PS4 users move to PS5 we will be looking at a larger share of cross gen game sales coming from PS5.

It's a crazy thing based on software sales history. PS5 has worst software sales than xbox360 until now.

the software sales, in Japan, it's not good.

The only chance is Demon Slayer and the 100k FW, best case scenario. 

And Demon Slayer will sell far better on Ps4 ( range 350-500 FW)

Last edited by Agente42 - on 25 June 2021

rapsuperstar31 said:
Metallox said:

Why is Xbox selling?

The South Park amusement park effect, I have this amazing amusement park...and you can't come.  Both consoles can't keep up with demand.

That doesn't really explain away the uptick in sales for XBox in Japan.  A place where there has never been demand needing to be kept up with in the first place.



kazuyamishima said:
Blood_Tears said:

Do you by any chance have a link or anything for that?  The only thing I have seen on it was the PS+ version is the only one not getting the free upgrade.

The free upgrade is Worldwide. 

For digital only.



Mandalore76 said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

The South Park amusement park effect, I have this amazing amusement park...and you can't come.  Both consoles can't keep up with demand.

That doesn't really explain away the uptick in sales for XBox in Japan.  A place where there has never been demand needing to be kept up with in the first place.

Xbox effect is talking more about sony loses Japan than Xbox's own merits. 



Otter said:
Darc Requiem said:

Microsoft doesn't have the same censorship policies as Sony. Some of the quirky Japanese games are starting release on Switch, Xbox, PC, and skip Playstation all together. I wonder if that is behind the uptick in Xbox demand. 

Wouldn't you just get a Switch, i doubt any of these games were on Xbox but not Switch but correct me if im wrong? 

I'm inclined to believe its more likely related to gamepass 

I didn't even consider that. Good point.