By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Could Sony Release for the Rest of the Year?

Tagged games:

Sony just released a major critically acclaimed PS5 exclusive with Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. It is an unfortunate reality that gamers always care about what is next.

Does Sony have any upcoming releases announced for the rest of 2021?

No doubt they have done a decent job so far this year with Destruction All Stars, MLB The Show, Returnal, and Ratchet but I am not sure what will release in the second half of the year.

Announced games include Horizon Forbidden West, God of War Ragnarok, and Gran Turismo 7. At one point all of these were slated for 2021. Since the latter 2 have been officially delayed only Horizon remains a possibility, and even that Sony hasn't committed to launching this year.

What else could they publish. Could their be any unannounced titles that will release between now and the end of the year. So far we know of Death Stranding Director's Cut. Could there be other PS5 re-releases/remasters/upgrades?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

"So far we know of Death Stranding Director's Cut."

Wait, what? How is Kojima going to out-Kojima the original Death Stranding version?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

As a third party developed game Kena is releasing soon although I believe that is also coming to PC. I think Horizon 2 as an inhouse game is gonna make it for this year but I understand they probably want to avoid the multiplatform storm in october and november.

Little Devil Inside, Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo are also slated for 2021.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Naughtydog were hiring people for a multiplayer based game (most likely based on TLOU 2), so that could have a chance to come out by this Fall. Also reportedly working on TLOU remake; though thats unlikely to release by the years end.

Otherwise first party wise its Horizon Forbidden West and other third party exclusives this year.

This time they managed not to announce (first/second-party) games early like they did some years ago. So there's a possibility that they'll make up the second half of the year with some games that are going to be announced on their next event. Sony renewed the PSX trademark last week so we may not wait that long for that. Currently, only Horizon is slated for the second half. Realistically, games they could announce AND release in 2021 is the next game from London Studio (last game released in 2019), but other than that I can't see any first-party dev releasing a game this year, assuming every studio makes only one game (most released their last game in 2020 and Bend is reportedly early in development of a new IP). We can guess about potential second-party titles from former second-party studios like Creative Vault (last game in 2018) and Arrowhead (last game in 2015) and we have to factor in new partnerships we don't know about (there are some rumours about Remedy and Bloober). As for third-party games, we have a lot to look for.

Last edited by Vendrom - on 19 June 2021

Around the Network

lowkey Xbox supporting them with Ghostwire and Deathloop

If Horizon makes it this year, it's still a passable year given COVID. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce some 3rd party deal for this year too.

ice said:

lowkey Xbox supporting them with Ghostwire and Deathloop

If Horizon makes it this year, it's still a passable year given COVID. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce some 3rd party deal for this year too.

No it's not "low key". There was a deal in place before the acquisition. That's what we're seeing here. Otherwise, those 2 games would have not seen a PlayStation release.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

coolbeans said:
Darwinianevolution said:

"So far we know of Death Stranding Director's Cut."

Wait, what? How is Kojima going to out-Kojima the original Death Stranding version?

Apparently by having more creative control over something he'd already had complete creative control over.

Now you should know that the Kojima of today isn't the Kojima of the past that had creative control over Death Stranding, hell even the Kojima of 5 minutes ago isn't the same man.

PS . reflecting on this it appears that we may have had many Kojima's with creative control over Death Stranding during it's development, that being the case while not leading to any direct understanding of what goes through Kojima's mind, it gives us a better insight into the reason why Death stranding is broadly considered unique.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 19 June 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Zone of the Enders 3
Omega Boost remake of course.

lol for real tho. They might remaster a couple PS4 big hitters or patch anyway. I honestly feel like both consoles were released a year early.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

My most look forward to PS5 games still coming this year are Tales of Arise, Kena, and Horizon Zero Dawn if it makes it. I may have interest in Death Loop depending on its reviews. I don't expect any big new games being announced releasing this year. Maybe we get the proper ps5/XSX update to CyberPunk this year. Hopefully 2022 can be just as solid as 2021 is/was. I would like to see them start showing off some big games for next year. If we do get God of War and Final Fantasy 16 next year that will go a long way.