By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What 1st party games do you think will release on Switch by 2024?

The Switch likely has a few more years left in it but what is on your wish list between now and then? What 1st party games do you think we will see for each year until 2024? For the record I think 2024 is when Switch successor is coming.

Zelda,Pokemon Legends,Splatoon,New DK,New Fire Emblem,New Kirby

Pokemon Gen 9,Rhythm Heaven,Metroid Prime 4,Bayonetta 3

New Mario Sports,Star Fox in some form?

Around the Network

2022:
Breath of the Wild 2, Pokemon Legends, Splatoon 3, new Kirby, ARMS sequel, new 3D Mario.

2023:
New DKC, New Fire Emblem, Pokemon Gen 9, Pikmin, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3.

2024:
New IP, new 2D Zelda, Rhythm Heaven, Tomodachi, Pokemon Let's Go Gen 2.

PAOerfulone said:

2022:
Breath of the Wild 2, Pokemon Legends, Splatoon 3, new Kirby, ARMS sequel, new 3D Mario.

2023:
New DKC, New Fire Emblem, Pokemon Gen 9, Pikmin, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3.

2024:
New IP, new 2D Zelda, Rhythm Heaven, Tomodachi, Pokemon Let's Go Gen 2.

I forgot Pikmin! I think 23 is a good time for it

2022:
Pokemon Legends, BotW2, Splatoon 3, Kirby, DK (if it's not this year), Mario Strikers

2023:
Ring Fit, 2D Mario, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Mario Kart 9, Xenoblade

2024:
Pokemon gen 9, 3D Mario, Pikmin 4, 2D Zelda, Fire Emblem, Punchout

Let's throw in the last two years of Switch's lifecycle before being replaced as well:
2025:
Star Fox, Mario Party, Pokemon Legends 2, Excite(bike/truck/whatever), Fzero???

2026:
pick a couple from: Golden Sun, Kid Icarus, Wario land, pilotwings, wave race, Mario & Luigi

And throw a two or three more new IP somewhere into the mix in there.

Another Fire Emblem, some GC remake, Zelda Four Swords Adventures...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

BOTW 2, Splatoon 3, Arceus, DK, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Detective Pikachu 2, Mario + Rabbids, Mario spin-off, WW/TP HD, XCX DX

Pokemon Gen 9 (possibly early 2023), FE Warriors 2, Monolith Soft's next game, MP 4, Mario Sports, Kirby spin-off, Mystery Dungeon Explorers remake, Zelda Oracles remake, Kid Icarus Uprising HD, Pikmin 4 (really want a Pikmin game to debut on a successful system)

Let's Go Johto, Bayo 3, Luigi's Mansion 1/2 HD, Yoshi's Woolly World DX, Paper Mario remake, Mario Sports/spin-off, Star Fox, F-Zero

Gets kind of hard to predict after 2023 (even 2023 can be hard to predict)! Gets into wishlist territory actually. Hopefully Nintendo still has big stuff planned for 2024 and early 2025 because I don't want a Switch successor to launch until holiday 2025 (and I don't want a big drought in between either). Maybe we could see revivals of older franchises, like we are seeing with Advance Wars.

Not gonna give sections to announced games for next year. We know they're coming.

Kirby

Donkey Kong: I think the rumor that a new DK is in development is very likely. We haven't gotten a completely new title since 2014. And even then, that some title got a Switch release back in 2018. The time is ripe for a new DK game.

Mario Kart 9 - They don't even have to do this. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the best-selling game on Switch. I mean I'm sure it obviously has a ceiling to how much it will sell, but it has life in it. But I always mention this key aspect of Mario Kart 9. If it launches in 2022 or later, that means it has come out pretty far into the Switch's life as Nintendo's current platform. That means that you can release an enhanced port of it at Switch 2's launch, or at least in its launch window. And bam, you have a Mario Kart release on Nintendo's new console that adds new features and improves the graphics. So it would be like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in that way. 

And then you can launch Mario Kart 10 as a Switch 2 exclusive about 2-3 years after Mario Kart 9 Deluxe releases.

Direct Sequel to Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Pokemon Gen IX - Generations of Pokemon haven't had that long of a gap historically and especially in the last decade or so. Releasing Arceus in January and then Gen IX in October or November is a surefire way to print money. 

Ring Fit 2

Metroid Prime 4 - We still have a while to wait

Pikmin 4

Star Fox

Bayonetta 3

Mario spin-off

Fire Emblem Remake: Maybe of Ike's games or instead some games that didn't leave Japan before.

Mario spin-off

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Pikmin 4 is absolutely happening within the next 3 years, I am absolutely convinced now.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

No mention of a Wii sports remake/reboot/successor?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!