By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei V - Nintendo Direct Trailer (first gameplay look). Releases November 12th worldwide (11th in Japan)

I've been waiting on this since the reveal all that time ago.  Very excited that it's going to be in my hands by the end of this year.

Around the Network

Wait..just learned that the protagonist is actually a guy nnnnnn

Anyway, this looks amazing, I love the atmosphere and combat looks great.

Last edited by Link_Nines.XBC - on 15 June 2021

His style (the protagonist) makes sense when you hear the soundtrack. I dig it.

There's a ~20min Nintendo Treehouse video up:

Gameplay looks pretty good.

Even if is not Kaneko I think Doi with this protagonist at least tries to get close to mimicking that art direction and style, like I really like the design.

I hope Meguro works on some capacity on the soundtrack, the scores of the IV games are mostly forgettable.

I wish the UI was more unique or if at least it didn't resemble that trash game TMS.

I don't know how to feel about it resembling Nocturne so much, like I feel that one thing SMT as a whole does pretty well, is that outside of direct sequels, every setting has a unique twist to it, nothing is quite like Devil Summoner, Raidou, DDS, SJ and the numbered games between each other while retaining some thematic consistency, this just seems like Nocturne again, which I guess I could say is smart but safe for the series.

I remain skeptical since I didn't like Apocalypse at all, but I also hope it turns out good, and maybe I'll get it later on.

Not a hint of new gameplay mechanics?

The game doesn't look bad, just uninspired so far. The overworld looks particularly bland, but can be only this section of the map so I won't be so fast to judge 

Hope it's still challenging

Around the Network

Looks great.