By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New LOZ: BOTW Sequel Trailer! Coming 2022

It looks fine, but it doesn't feel like a sequel from what I've seen. It kind of feels more like DLC for the original game. Though I'm shocked it's coming out in 2022, I expected it to release from 2023 onwards.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

2022 was expected from me. Would love a March or June release, but it might take until November 2022. I really hope it doesn't get delayed until 2023.
I really expected the title by now, though.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

The release date is disappointing, but I will forget that if the game is good when it comes out.  The most important thing is that the game must be good.  I hope they are staying true to BotW.  I don't really care for the other 3D Zelda games.

God dammit! oh well, at least we get Metroid dread this year

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Huh, I thought they'd go underground but they went up in the air instead.

The trailer showed some interesting new stuff, but still very little. I was hoping that they'd have something more substantial to show by now, it's been 2 years since the announcement. Lack of a title and an exact release date is also disappointing.

I'm a bit worried about the world being mostly the same. Exploring was the main appeal of Breath of the Wild and this would make it a lot less exciting. On the other hand, they're obviously a very competent team, so I trust them to be aware of this and to make Hyrule feel as fresh as possible.

Around the Network

The Breath of the Wild sequel looks awesome! Can't wait to play it!

The same game world with some extensions would be a disappointment. Majora's Mask did have a completely new world though smaller in scale.

seems Aonuma Style.

puzzles everywhere

Agente42 said:

seems Aonuma Style.

puzzles everywhere

You mean 'Zelda Style'.

They're so mean. Just showing a teaser trailer with fast flashy clips and '2022' at the end. Oh well. On to another year of theorising over this.