By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New LOZ: BOTW Sequel Trailer! Coming 2022

Expected it for the holidays this year but hopefully it'll be no later than Spring next year. Expecting same map but changed up enough so it's only the same on the surface. It'll be filled with a lot more/different content, new areas to explore, and more story stuff. And clearly from that trailer there's gonna be sky islands so that'll present new areas to explore as well. With it not coming out this year I think that's a great sign that they are really gonna fill it brimming with content to not disappoint fans of the first game. First game was all about exploring the world, this game will probably be more about filling that world with changes and content and story and exploring all that stuff.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

It looks fine, but it doesn't feel like a sequel from what I've seen. It kind of feels more like DLC for the original game. Though I'm shocked it's coming out in 2022, I expected it to release from 2023 onwards.

Likely due to the visuals being around the same level as the first game which came out in 2017, no progress on that front in 5 years definitely makes it hard to get people excited... Visual presentation is the first thing people notice.

For myself personally, I'm excited, absolutely loved Breath of the Wild, actually the reason why I purchased a WiiU.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Mar1217 said:
S.Peelman said:

They're so mean. Just showing a teaser trailer with fast flashy clips and '2022' at the end. Oh well. On to another year of theorising over this.

Another year seeing Zelda youtubers scrapping by xP Though, they've got more susbtance from these trailers than the first teaser so there's that.

Yeah, I’m curious to see the things people will dig up from this trailer. I’m probably going to be watching it a dozen times over the next few months myself.

Finally, some damn gameplay! Now I can actually start getting properly excited for it.

The sky setting is a cool change from the earthbound world of BOTW1, and the new powers, especially the one that looks to remind time have potential if they're as freeform and intertwined with the game world as the runes in its predecessor.
No longer being bound by the Wii U seems to have helped; textures and shadows look cleaner than the first game.

Following in the footsteps one of the highest rated games of all time is a big challenge, but if anyone's up to it, it's the same team that made said forerunner, with the benefit of hindsight and experience.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 15 June 2021

Man i can't wait for it.