By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mario + Rabbids has been played 7.5 million people

According to numerous twitter sources, including Davide Soliani @DavideSoliani

I must say I am very happy to see such high numbers for such a deserving game. I know that it does go on sale quite frequently, but still, it is very impressive.

LOVE this game and cannot wait for the sequel.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

Holy shit! Wtf, didn't see that coming. I thought maybe like 4mil. But it constantly charts high on the eshop when on sale.
Damn.

Definitely well deserved.

Woah that's crazy yeah I too thought it probably was at like 4 mil. No one they are making a sequel, the first was a smash hit!

Goes to show that putting in a strong effort on Switch can pay off big time. (And before anyone tries to say it only sold well cos of the Mario name, tell that to Colour Splash which never hit 1 million)

Last edited by curl-6 - on 13 June 2021

Good for them ?

Around the Network

Just found out, it says 7.5 million people have played it, not bought it. That can mean like 5 people each played it from their own account on the same Switch with one copy of the game. So no, it sadly didn't sell that much.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 13 June 2021

Kakadu18 said:

Just found out, it says 7.5 million people have played it, not bought it. That can mean like 5 people each played it from their own account on the same Switch with one copy of the game. So no, it sadly didn't that much.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong 

pikashoe said:
Kakadu18 said:

Just found out, it says 7.5 million people have played it, not bought it. That can mean like 5 people each played it from their own account on the same Switch with one copy of the game. So no, it sadly didn't that much.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong 

Went to Wikipedia, found a link to a gaming bolt article, where it was stated that Ubisoft explicitly said "players", not sales. They were noted this on the talk page of the Wiki article "best selling Switch games".

It didn't actually sell 7.5 million copies. That's what Ubisoft said.

I have reviewed 184 games and the first Kingdom game is #18 on my list. I gave it a 96/100 back when I played it. It is, to this day, the most shockingly good game I've ever played considering what my expectations were. It is peak Ubisoft, in my opinion, even more than Black Flags. I can't express how excited I am for this sequel!

7.5 million, maybe less if the guy's claim from above is true, is still phenomenal for a game whose concept was received which such strong skepticism. At the same time, it feels a tad low for a very good Mario game and more specifically for a great game that regularly sold for low prices. For example, I bought it in Amazon for 190 pesos, which is less than 10 dollars, though its regular price ranged from 25 to 30, I won't lie. Still, that puts it among the best value propositions for a retail Switch game, especially the exclusive ones. Either way, don't get me wrong, a lot of people played it and that's a good thing.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.